January Transfer Window Thread

It was a different time and we had a completely different set of constraints. Probably didn't go as well as we might have hoped.

Aye but we didn't use that money wisely. With the benefit of hindsight of course. 

It's not a dig or anything, just wish we had gotten more for him, kept him a bit longer or replaced him with someone similar.

He was undoubtedly our best player at the time. Us and Forest both relied upon him too much.

There's no doubting though that we're a much better all round team now. Just think we could do with some pace going forwards.

Whether out wide or upfront. I'd consider looking for someone similar or considering a pacy striker.

Edited by MilansMissingMarbles

Aye but we didn't use that money wisely. With the benefit of hindsight of course. 

It's not a dig or anything, just wish we had gotten more for him, kept him a bit longer or replaced him with someone similar.

He was undoubtedly our best player at the time. Us and Forest both relied upon him too much.

There's no doubting though that we're a much better all round team now. Just think we could do with some pace going forwards.

Whether out wide or upfront. I'd consider looking for someone similar or considering a pacy striker.

Agree that it would have been good to have replaced with a similar player. We had no wide, fast players when he left, and failed to get any in until DC took over. That did take a toll on our performances.

I can't believe Man Utd have recalled Will Keane to help solve their goalscoring issues but leave James Wilson on loan! LVG must really not like the kid.

That is a baffling one. LVG's made some strange decisions, regarding the loaning out of certain attackers. Hernandez and Januzai in particular were strange decisions too.

Agree that it would have been good to have replaced with a similar player. We had no wide, fast players when he left, and failed to get any in until DC took over. That did take a toll on our performances.

Aye, agree. Forestieri's signing as been a masterstroke. And Wallace at times is tidy and productive. 

I still feel, a player like Antonio either upfront or out wide with their pace, might give us something extra and more of a threat going forward.

If we can't find a winger like him, then we could consider another number 10 type or a striker. I'd love for us to go for Nick Blackman but that's unlikely,

but think we could go for someone like Zach Clough considering Bolton's transfer embargo or try and get a striker on loan like Dwight Gayle? Their pace could add something extra.

Edited by MilansMissingMarbles

That is a baffling one. LVG's made some strange decisions, regarding the loaning out of certain attackers. Hernandez and Januzai in particular were strange decisions too.

Hernandez especially, I'm sure that wasn't a loan though? He's got a ridiculous goal scoring record this season, nearly a goal a game. Could never understand why he didn't get more games after his first season at Man U when he scored 20, spent a lot of the next season coming off the bench I think.

Linked to Arsenal at the minute I think.

Hernandez especially, I'm sure that wasn't a loan though? He's got a ridiculous goal scoring record this season, nearly a goal a game. Could never understand why he didn't get more games after his first season at Man U when he scored 20, spent a lot of the next season coming off the bench I think.

Aye, that one could come back to haunt Man U and make them look very silly indeed.

Especially if he ends up coming back to the PL and does really well with someone like Arsenal. 

Aye, that one could come back to haunt Man U and make them look very silly indeed.

Especially if he ends up coming back to the PL and does really well with someone like Arsenal. 

:ghoulguy:

All that said about Antonio and a striker.

Our most key signing during the window or priority

could be a tidy midfield enforcer? Bridcutt is the one I'd like

or would've liked before he went to Leeds. Anyone else, worth

considering for the midfield enforcer role or is there someone like

that possibly available at one of the lower half teams or transfer embargoed teams at this level, who could do a job?

Not sure he's up to the level we'd require for a promotion push, but I've always really liked the look of Clarke-Harris from Toytown. Really strong lad who does the back to goal stuff well. Also has a rocket of a left foot shot and does score goals despite not starting regularly

I can't wait to read the reactions in the ticket threads when we sign a Rotherham bench player

lol

With Matias (hopefully) coming back into the fold after his hernia op, the only place we will need strengthening is at RB for me (if we keep hold of Hooper).

Reckon Sam Byram could be talked into ditching the scummers by Lees, he's only got 6 months on his deal, so would be cheap as well. Either that or someone like Grant Hanley at Blackburn.

Hahahahhahaha wow Edited by fudge27

Not sure he's up to the level we'd require for a promotion push, but I've always really liked the look of Clarke-Harris from Toytown. Really strong lad who does the back to goal stuff well. Also has a rocket of a left foot shot and does score goals despite not starting regularly

Well that was a good shout

lol