Come back Darren Potter

I seem to recall that Potter had a very good season and a half with us and a mediocre/poor season when we were absolutely awful. Fans got on his back and ended up with the kind of player that kind of treatment deserves in my opinion. 

It is also my opinion that there are more twits (with an "a") on here, that are more attached to their keyboards than to any ideae of what constitutes a good football player.

Didn't Darren Potter that finish his first none full season with us in the top 3/5 for assists and goals scored?

I would have said that there are plenty of players in our current squad who have been creamed over on these pages (by the twits with an "a") that don't get anywhere near those figures this season. Potter was nowhere near as bad as the Potter haters made out. Pretty much the same can be said about similar scapegoat players like O'Grady, Llera and Leon Clarke, the facts very rarely agree with the opinions. 

I seem to recall that Potter had a very good season and a half with us and a mediocre/poor season when we were absolutely awful. Fans got on his back and ended up with the kind of player that kind of treatment deserves in my opinion.

It is also my opinion that there are more twits (with an "a") on here, that are more attached to their keyboards than to any ideae of what constitutes a good football player.

Didn't Darren Potter that finish his first none full season with us in the top 3/5 for assists and goals scored?

I would have said that there are plenty of players in our current squad who have been creamed over on these pages (by the twits with an "a") that don't get anywhere near those figures this season. Potter was nowhere near as bad as the Potter haters made out. Pretty much the same can be said about similar scapegoat players like O'Grady, Llera and Leon Clarke, the facts very rarely agree with the opinions.

Spot on.

Good post.

He was the epitome of scapegoat.

No player can stand up to that amount of expectation and abuse and still play with confidence and freedom.

The fact that he controlled the game last night (against a good Wednesday side) is proof he was not the player people on here made him out to be.

Darren has this, or similar photo of his goal against that lot up at home. He enjoyed playing for us and has nothing but praise for our support. He accepts that many of our supporters don't have a favourable opinion of him as a player but he's level headed enough to know that's how the mop flops sometimes. The stick that he receives from some is like water off a ducks back and he takes it in good spirit. He's looking forward to the return game at Hillsborough already.

The only thing I can say against him is that he rates Steven Gerrard over James O'Connor as the best player he's ever played with. 

Yes - it's wrong to constantly isolate individual players, when collectively the team is poor.

But let's make no mistake, Potter was a very, very poor player for us and wouldn't get anywhere near our starting squad now.

One decent game against a very poor Wednesday performance last night won't change that.

He played very well at Hillsboro when we knocked MKD out of the cup. Probably best player on park, as I recall.

Don't think he enjoyed playing in that kick and rush Wednesday side.   Think the MK Dons passing style suits his play better.

He would fit into CC's passing side, I'm sure.   But he'd probably prefer to fry in a vat of his own body juices than play in front of our fans again.

He played very well at Hillsboro when we knocked MKD out of the cup. Probably best player on park, as I recall.

Don't think he enjoyed playing in that kick and rush Wednesday side.   Think the MK Dons passing style suits his play better.

He would fit into CC's passing side, I'm sure.   But he'd probably prefer to fry in a vat of his own body juices than play in front of our fans again.

He's just played the last five years of his career playing League One football, there is a reason why. Also why he's still playing in a struggling MK Don's side in the Championship now.

He wouldn't get a regular game in this Wednesday team, despite his decent performance last night against a very below par Wednesday performance.

Thought they did us 20 after that bore 00 at ours