Come back Darren Potter

He was in our hotel in Turkey last year, my son and his eldest son made friends so I had a little holiday romance with him. Stayed in touch afterwards and have been to see MK Dons a couple of times since. I know he is much maligned on here after his time with us but away from his day job as a footballer he is a genuinely top lad and family man. 

I offered him a goal in a 2-1 Wednesday win on Monday night but he declined the offer, instead hoping that we would have an off night as they're desperate for the 3 points. Sounds like he got his wish. 

Chris Maguire was also in the same hotel, the less said about that one the better. 

Darren Potter earned the nick-name "Crab" and was despised by many at Hillsborough for persistently passing the ball sideways or backwards without any advantage to the team. Unfortunately we have now replaced him with half a side intent on doing the same thing.

Matches are won by pressurising the opposition in to making mistakes in their own box, but we get there far too rarely.  What we succeed in doing is losing possession in our own half and creating pressure on ourselves.

I texted him this morning to let him know he's ruined our Christmas. 

His view was they were excellent 1st half, and had a lot of defending to do second half. JWOW made a real difference as Nuhiu was ineffective. In his opinion we are a better side than the Ipswich team that beat them on Saturday, we have a lot of quality in the team. 

Yes the corners

You try kicking a football in 2 inch of water.

After the first one, he asked for a player to come short and the rest just froze. Hung him out to dry that day. But we were that bad at the time somebody had to be a scapegoat and it became potter. Nothing to do with a club on the verge of sinking without trace and the whole dire situation surrounding us

Yes the corners

You try kicking a football in 2 inch of water.

After the first one, he asked for a player to come short and the rest just froze. Hung him out to dry that day. But we were that bad at the time somebody had to be a scapegoat and it became potter. Nothing to do with a club on the verge of sinking without trace and the whole dire situation surrounding us

Yes - it's wrong to constantly isolate individual players, when collectively the team is poor.

But let's make no mistake, Potter was a very, very poor player for us and wouldn't get anywhere near our starting squad now.

One decent game against a very poor Wednesday performance last night won't change that.

Yes - it's wrong to constantly isolate individual players, when collectively the team is poor.

But let's make no mistake, Potter was a very, very poor player for us and wouldn't get anywhere near our starting squad now.

One decent game against a very poor Wednesday performance last night won't change MY OPINION ON that.

It's your opinion. Not fact.

Just because you are very opinionated it doesn't mean your opinions are true.

It's your opinion. Not fact.

Just because you are very opinionated it doesn't mean your opinions are true.

Bizarre reply.

Every post on here is an opinion, not every reply needs to contain the words "MY OPINION" in it.

You've banged that drum before on my posts too. Very strange individual.

Bizarre reply.

Every post on here is an opinion, not every reply needs to contain the words "MY OPINION" in it.

You've banged that drum before on my posts too. Very strange individual.

Yes. All is opinion.

The fact that I feel the need to spell it out with you and not others is probably down to your posting style.

But it's not personal.