MK Dons vs The Owls. Official Matchday Thread.

pcStJpZ.png

TODAY’S OPPOSITES

In 1975, an American fast food chain opened their first restaurant in Wimbledon, London shortly after inventing the cheeseburger. It was wildly popular and the local football club were its best customers. They loved it and the players soon got into the habit of eating there for breakfast, dinner and tea, every day of the week.

Eventually though, the diet began to take it’s toll and the players were hopelessly over weight. This of course affected the quality of football on display. The fans were livid as they watched their team struggling to catch the opponents as they raced towards the goal. The humilation was too much to bear and the restaurant window was often daubed with rude words after particularly heavy defeats.

MiyLhh3.png

Having scored only 5 goals all season and losing 7-0 at home on the last day, Wimbledon were relegated for the third time in a row. Not only were they now in the fourth division, the money had run out as well! Wimbledon FC announced that they would not be competing in the coming season. Due to a strange coincidence, the restaurant had also mysteriously burned down over night. The owner, Ronald McDonald had taken to dressing as a bizarre clown with bright red hair and baggy yellow trousers was quite shaken and felt more than a little bit guilty. He decided to rebuild the team.

It turned out that buying the original ground would be impossible. A combination of London real estate prices and the hostile locals meant Mr McDonald would have to look at other options.

A location was found, some 80 miles away in “new town” called Milton Keynes. Not only was it a safe distance from the furious Wimbledon fans, they apparently had concrete cows there too. An added bonus as the burgers would be dirt cheap to produce from such animals. With the kerr-ching of cash registers in his head, Maccy licked his lips and set off for the meeting with the MK town council.

A deal was duly made. He could build a stadium and bring in players. He could even open his restaurant again, so long as salads were on the menu too. Mc D found a shirt sponsor in Marshall - world famous for their loud amplifiers loved by rock musicians the world over for their crunchy sound.

The McDons were born and that’s how we come to be playing them today.

FUN FACTS

Jim Marshall died in 2012. The club turned it up to eleven and had a minute of howling feedback in his honour at their following home game. The only thing they have ever got right during their entire existence.

THE SERIOUS BIT

Venue: Stadium mk, Milton Keynes
Kick Off: Tuesday, 15th of December at 19:45

Matchday Apparel: Blue and white and waterproof.

Matchday Drink: Probarbly beer.

Matchday Pie: Concrete Cow at just £3.50 a pop.

Matchday Song: Blazing Fire by Derrick Morgan...

Todays Matchday song going out to the Owlstalk Trojan Crew by special request.

MATCHDAY FACTS

MK Dons manager Karl Robinson will keep changes to a minimum for Tuesday's match against Sheffield Wednesday. Defenders Joe Walsh (Egg McMuffin) and Matthew Upson (Small portion of chips) are still not ready for first-team consideration.

Sheffield Wednesday's Michael Turner returned after two months out at the weekend. Jack Hunt may be fit, but defender Tom Lees, midfielder Felipe Melo and Marco Matias remain absent.

z2tsUFW.png Head to Head 48pAkj8.png

• Nicky Maynard has scored four goals in his past four league appearances against Sheffield Wednesday.

• This will be the first competitive meeting between the two sides since an FA Cup replay in January 2013, which MK Dons won 2-0.

• MK Dons have won only one of their past nine games in the Championship (D2 L6), failing to score in six of those games.

• MK Dons have failed to score in their past three league matches and have netted just three times in their past nine league contests.

• Sheffield Wednesday's past three games have ended all square. In their last match, against Cardiff, they gained a point from 2-0 down.

6HtXY4K.png

My prediction: A 3-0 win for the super sexy winged wonders.

KING CARLOS’ WORDS OF WISDOM

“We are ready to the game and will be 100%.

We know that it will be difficult, there are no easy games in the championship. We are with the confidence because we are doing well but also because, when you come from a game that you were losing 2-0, finish 2-2 and at the last seconds you are trying to win, this gives energy to the team. It’s like additional energy to the team. We are confident but we know it will be a tough game. We expect a lot from MK Dons.”

MINTYNESS

Protected.

Y1c0xcw.gif

Best OMDT ever.

Well done pauli...!

Love the song

Would love to watch ten Tay Tay's a milking this Christmas.

MK are struggling like buggery so we all know what that means.

Never mind maybe King CARLOS has a plan for the opposites as well as a good back hander for the snake-eyed silly jumper wearing opposite in the other technical area.

C'MON LADS...!

UTO

im not sure if it's the festive season or the 30 degree sunshine, but I'm really enjoying these Tuesday night games, means a 6:45am kick off for me! It's like the Japan World Cup all over again. Except different.

4-0 Wednesday, and I reckon a good 70 solid minutes of Wednesday player before it breaks.

Brilliant as ever Pauli, but thought we might have had a screaming rock song in honour of the late great Mr Marshall!

Really need to win this one and notch up a three pointer or two to get us into that play-off spot. I'll go 3-1 to us, Forestieri, Big Dave and Bannan!

Brilliant as ever Pauli, but thought we might have had a screaming rock song in honour of the late great Mr Marshall!

Really need to win this one and notch up a three pointer or two to get us into that play-off spot. I'll go 3-1 to us, Forestieri, Big Dave and Bannan!

Plenty of time for a few of those.

Morning all, superb yet again Pauli, I'd been particularly looking forward to your unique narration of MK Dons'... "history", and you didn't disappoint.. About to get some rest before heading off to the "moo camp", a win here could give us a huge lift. We've had some trouble with Joao starting recently but actually I can't help but think this would be an OK opportunity to give it one last try, against a defence that is probably going to be less of a tough nut to crack, see if Joao can give us a real confidence-boosting performance up front, maybe a bit like away at Rotherham.

That 0-0 draw against them at Hillsborough in the FA Cup was one of my all time worst games as a Wednesdayite, still shudder at the memory of watching Martin Taylor hoof the ball three feet over Mama Sidibe's head for 90 minutes... horrendous. It was pathetically obvious they'd beat us in the replay. Hopefully we get some payback and I don't freeze inside what I'm regularly warned is one of the coldest stadiums in England. 

MK Dons 0-4 Wednesday (Joao 6, 54, Forestieri 19, Hooper 81)

Edited by GroundhoppingOwl