Cardiff vs The Owls. Official Matchday Thread.

This will be a real test of our top-six credentials today. I'm expecting a real battle from start to end, but hopefully the likes of Forestieri, Bannan and Lee are able to get on the ball and cause some real problems to Cardiff's backline, whilst we avoid giving away silly free kicks around our area.

I'd love a victory today after our draws with Blackburn and Derby, so I'll err on the side of positivity and go with a 2-1 Owls win.

post-37726-0-72516300-1449916341.png

Another excellent start to the whole matchday process - thanks Pauli.

My predictions have not been much cop so far this season; had they been correct we would have cliched automatic promotion already.

Still now's not the time to change my approach as confidence and optimism will be required today

CCFC 1 - SWFC 3:  Wallace( 23mins), Bannan (48), Hooper( 88)

:manager:  :manager:  :manager:

Good to hear that CC has no injuries to worry about

The odds of your 1-3 and those scorers is 5000/1 (true, or fact as Rafa would say).

Spookily, they are the same odds you can get on Vincent Tan winning the Best Dressed Man of the Year Award.

Coincidence or not, I'm on the phone to Paddy Power.

Another excellent start to the whole matchday process - thanks Pauli.

My predictions have not been much cop so far this season; had they been correct we would have cliched automatic promotion already.

Still now's not the time to change my approach as confidence and optimism will be required today

CCFC 1 - SWFC 3:  Wallace( 23mins), Bannan (48), Hooper( 88)

:manager:  :manager:  :manager:

Good to hear that CC has no injuries to worry about

I stopped reading when you put Bannan as a goalscorer 

lol

The odds of your 1-3 and those scorers is 5000/1 (true, or fact as Rafa would say).

Spookily, they are the same odds you can get on Vincent Tan winning the Best Dressed Man of the Year Award.

Coincidence or not, I'm on the phone to Paddy Power.

Good luck - I'll expect a tenner if it comes in!

lol

Today's the day...........believe!

lol

Strange thing...Hooper 5/2 to score, which given his record (elsewhere sadly) makes sense. He scores roughly one in 3.

Barry scores one in fifty (really, look it up) but his odds today are only 17/2, which is one goal every 9 matches.

Anyway, sorry Pauli for this tangent, now back on message...

Head says 2-1 Cardiff.

Heart says 6-0 Owls

So I'm sticking with my 2-2.

And FO I politely disagree with you. Cardiff away is not a "must win". Draw a really good result today.

Had a dream last night that Hooper was on the goal line with the ball, and instead of shooting he chose to pass backwards...ballsing everything up.

Tony Pulis was also our manager and asked for my advice on how to win.

Was all quite bizzare.

Don't end it there, what was your tactical insight?

Don't end it there, what was your tactical insight?

I said something about we needed to keep the ball more and stop rushing.

Then walked back to my seat, and there was loads of scaffolding around.

So when Hooper was on the goal line and chose to turn around and pass back out to the edge of the area, instead of tapping it in, I repeatedly punched part of the scaffolding.

Like I said. Very bizarre. 

I also had a dream that ALL of my bets won today....

This will be a real test of our top-six credentials today. I'm expecting a real battle from start to end, but hopefully the likes of Forestieri, Bannan and Lee are able to get on the ball and cause some real problems to Cardiff's backline, whilst we avoid giving away silly free kicks around our area.

I'd love a victory today after our draws with Blackburn and Derby, so I'll err on the side of positivity and go with a 2-1 Owls win.

Wednesday vs Cardiff.png

Like it

And FO I politely disagree with you. Cardiff away is not a "must win". Draw a really good result today.

Stand by what I said.

Brighton was a good point.

Derby was a good point.

Reading, at the time, was a good point.

Hull was a good point.

We do need to be beating the likes of Cardiff though IF we fancy ourselves as play off contenders...especially today considering how tight it is points wise. We need to start beating the better teams in this league. Out of the top 12 we've only beaten Brentford.....

A points a point and it's better than losing. But I think this is an incredibly important game & will stand us in good stead for the festive fixture pile up IF we come away with a win.

Stand by what I said.

Brighton was a good point.

Derby was a good point.

Reading, at the time, was a good point.

Hull was a good point.

We do need to be beating the likes of Cardiff though IF we fancy ourselves as play off contenders...especially today considering how tight it is points wise. We need to start beating the better teams in this league. Out of the top 12 we've only beaten Brentford.....

A points a point and it's better than losing. But I think this is an incredibly important game & will stand us in good stead for the festive fixture pile up IF we come away with a win.

I don't disagree, but still not a "must win".

More a "would be a real bonus that keeps us in the hunt win".

But not a very catchy cliche.

My dream last night said Palmer was injured just before KO, Nuhiu started, we went one down quite quickly.

But we won 4-2!

Nuhiu and Fessi bagging 2 each

I love your optimism

Nuhiu scoring twice in the same month

I can go for that.

Just a bloke, who used up all his luck in one go when he met his wife.

I love your optimism

Nuhiu scoring twice in the same month

I can go for that.

The most amazing thing about his second goal was that he was off the pitch fixing his shirt (next to the goal), a wild shot came in that was going wide and he stuck his leg out and span it back into the net.

I have some odd dreams