Where are the areas for improvement?

Sam Byram only has 6 months left on his contract at Leeds...

Worth a cheeky bid surely?  lol

Great shout for solving the right back position.

(Fully aware my opinion of him being better than Hunt is subjective and appreciate it probably won't be the overarching opinion on this forum)

We were chatting today that a Nuhiu type striker would be good - but a better / more consistent performer

Agree with this. A proven 'big lad' to take the knocks would serve us well through the winter months. You can see why we were interested in Daryl Murphy in the summer.

Dont think he's got the workrate to be anything other than a centre forward and I don't think that's his position.

He certainly doesn't currently have the work rate to play in anything other than a wide man in a front 3 or the "number 10" role behind the striker- at the moment our wingers are very up down and I think he'd only be accommodated by a change of formation.

Nothing wrong with accommodating a good player by tweaking your formation, as long as it isn't to the detriment of the team, which is always a possibility. He'll need to either change his attitude/work rate or we need to strike a balance to accommodate his style in the squad- otherwise he'll only ever play bit-parts for us.

4-3-2-1

BACK FOUR

Lee----------Hutch-----------Bannan

---Forestieri and Matias drifting---

---------------Striker-------------------

On paper doesn't seem a bad system... if it works; otherwise as much as I wanted Marco to achieve here and was overawed when he signed for us, the glove just won't fit.

Guest BRADFIELDOWLS

Agree with Ash and Ben Marshall fits the profile, plus Bamford in January and a centre half who can dominate in the air.

You can see why we were interested in Daryl Murphy in the summer.

Indeed. Someone strong that call also still move about a bit.

Re: Matias, I just think he deserves another chance to show us what he's got. In the team as it is now. Plus, he's like a new signing anyway.

4-3-2-1

BACK FOUR

Lee----------Hutch-----------Bannan

---Forestieri and Matias drifting---

---------------Striker-------------------

On paper doesn't seem a bad system... if it works; otherwise as much as I wanted Marco to achieve here and was overawed when he signed for us, the glove just won't fit.

This formation would be good if chasing a game.

Indeed. Someone strong that call also still move about a bit.

Re: Matias, I just think he deserves another chance to show us what he's got. In the team as it is now. Plus, he's like a new signing anyway.

When's Matias due back??

I think we should recruit some players that will fit into our possession style but also could allow us to go from "back to front" if needed therefore, as many have said, a better centre-forward than Nuhiu and a lightning quick winger that can cross.

We also obviously need centre-half and defensive midfielder cover.

At least four players:

Centre-half

Defensive Midfielder

Pacey Winger that can cross

Top Class Centre-forward

We seem to be improving anyway Don't think Carlos believes we are near enough yet to throw big money at it this January, and to be fair, I'd be happy if we finished where we are. That would certainly be progress, in my opinion

You are absolutely right, it would be progress but I think finishing seventh would be the worst place to finish. I think I'd rather finish further down the league (than just miss out).

There are areas for improvement in every team and it's always great to bring in quality to the squad. But working with what we have now is more important to this season's success, if we have consistency and get the best out of our current squad, with (future) injury luck on our side, this team has enough quality to make the playoffs. Anyone we bring in also needs to fit into the system of pressing and hard work, or else will wind up being a sub however much 'quality' the player has.