The Stand Ins

Hutchinson @ cb

Palmer

Lopes

Played well today, we looked solid defensively which is no mean feat considering the changes.

Well done everyone.

With Bannan bad and getting a game under his belt on his way back to match sharpness I'm optimistic for next week and the December run in general

Hutchinson @ cb

Palmer

Lopes

Played well today, we looked solid defensively which is no mean feat considering the changes.

Well done everyone.

With Bannan bad and getting a game under his belt on his way back to match sharpness I'm optimistic for next week and the December run in general

Hutch was very good

Thought all 3 were very good.

Hutch was solid and got his obligatory yellow card.

Lopez slotted in nicely in midfield, showed good passing and ball control but was also not afraid to get stuck in.

Palmer was solid defensively, bags of energy too and was a constant outlet, just a shame his crossing was not great.

Lopez a clear step up on Semedo, glad to see him on the field at the start today

Hutchinson was sound, we all knew he would be

Palmer had a very decent game, got forward well, only really let down by some poor crosses in 2nd half, but good to see him getting forward often.

I thought Palmer was woeful in the last half hour. He looked tired, his body language was not right.

Lopez and Hutch were quality.

Put that performance against a Hunt performance... he did more of what a defender needs to do (particularly against Derby) and also got forward well... he put a peach of a cross in in the first half and gave Derby something to think about going the other way which probably contributed to their lack of cutting edge.

Lopez is the key addition for me, such a step up from Semedo and held the midfield together and gave it structure

True.

When we have to use the likes of Helan and Semedo we look noticeably worse, cringe when their names are on the team sheet.

Players like Lopez and even Palmer can come in without significantly ( or at all ) weakening the side, we also didn't miss Tom Lees today which is a real positive

Even with the injuries we have, confident the side we put out today can get a result at Cardiff

I thought all the three " stand ins" were fantastic tiday . 

Hutch was superb as CB , Palmer had his best game for a long time ,and Hunt may struggle to get back in .

Lopez slotted in brilliantly as the Guard dog in front of the back four. 

Great post. Totally accurate.

All 3 were superb. Lopez looks class and is not scared to mix it. Hutch at CB - Wow!

And Palmer.............................................................that was a great afternoon.