Line up vs Derby (predictions)

I can understand CC not going public at this stage regarding injuries but I think it may be more extensive than we think. If you include players carrying knocks and strains we have a long list.

Melo, Loovens, Turner, Hunt, Wallace, Bannan, Joao, Hooper, Sasso, Lees, Lee, Westwood, Sougou, Matias (have I missed anyone?)

If all these failed to make the team it would be our weakest lineup this season and think Chris Martin and co may have a good day (for them).

Hoping the fact that we play Sunday may help us a bit.

Obviously Derby have had a lovely long rest (9 days) since they last played - but I think if we played Saturday we would be a lot worse off. That extra 24 hours might just be enough for Loovens, Turner and Bannan.

From the sound of it Turner has relapsed so would be surprised if he's in first 11. Loovens was feeling his strain for virtually the whole time he was on the pitch and he doesn't seem to heal quickly these days so would be amazed if he plays.

1. Jack Hunt (calf) is another big doubt. But it's not all doom and gloom on the injury front. All will be revealed in tomorrow's Star.

2 retweets1 like

Retweet

More

For those who have asked me about Glenn Loovens over the last 24 hours, he should be ok to play. Taken off as a precaution. #SWFC #starlive

3 retweets2 likes

Retweet

More

Vincent Sasso is also out so there's a strong chance CC will turn to Daniel Pudil again to fill the centre back gap. #SWFC #starlive

1 retweet1 like

Retweet

More

With Lees likely to be out, Michael Turner is the obvious replacement but I gather he probably won't be ready for Sunday. #SWFC #starlive

Westwood

Palmer    Loovens   Dielna    Pudil

Wallace   Lee    Hutchinson   Bannan

Forestieri

Nuhiu

Subs:

Wildsmith

Lachmann

Lopez

McGugan

Sougou

Hooper