Carlos has a dream

Love the incessant nature of this song but just wish we could tweak a few of the words. I will probably receive quite a lot of flak for the following suggestions , but here goes. I feel it a little disrespectful in the second part 'had no players so had to sign some on loan': better would be 'bought some players and signed some others on loan'. Surely this better reflects the fact that Mr. Chansiri has opened his wallet for the good of our club. Also surely better to sing 'with Lees at the back and Joao in attack' to reflect part of the spine of the team.

Only a suggestion......

We ought to have a Flat Earth song...just be daft.......

Just change the last line to "We're Sheffield Wednesday, we think the world's flat"

However I agree that that one line needs changing. I thought I'd get over it after hearing it in person but it still makes my skin crawl.

I agree that songs don't have to be factually correct, but surely they should boast something? And signing players on loan isn't something really worth bragging about. I like the suggestion the OP gave, sounds a lot better.

But whatever. It doesn't really affect me because I don't get to many games so I rarely have to hear it. If the crowds like it and the club do too, then meh, whatever

Love the incessant nature of this song but just wish we could tweak a few of the words. I will probably receive quite a lot of flak for the following suggestions , but here goes. I feel it a little disrespectful in the second part 'had no players so had to sign some on loan': better would be 'bought some players and signed some others on loan'. Surely this better reflects the fact that Mr. Chansiri has opened his wallet for the good of our club. Also surely better to sing 'with Lees at the back and Joao in attack' to reflect part of the spine of the team.

Only a suggestion......

If you want to tweak the words you'll need a group of about 10 of you at an away game and get it going on the concourse pre-match.

It's where most of em start.

Buxton also isn't the White Cafu

COG is not better than ALF

They don't have to be factually correct, just easy to remember and catchy

no true, but you don't want them to be a cnut either...

"we had no players so we signed some on loan"

does that mean that westwood, lees, lee, hutch and the likes are all no marks, not worthy of a mention, and in need of replacement?..

with what's been fetched in being on the 'cheap', along with any transfer signings obviously not being worth a mention...

"with pudil at the back"...

named loan player who may, or may not be in and out of the side...

"and joao in attack"...

so desperate were we to drop niuhu, we jumped early...

could have been 'we got new players, some were on loan'...

'solid at the back'...

'and strong in attack'...

it might have alleviated the "mumble, mumble, mumble" we have now...

How do we know that Carlos even had a dream. the first line should be "Some of us think that maybe Carlos had a dream but others are not so sure, it may have just been an idea"

The second line would then be "He asked Mr Chansri for some players, he said bring them on loan"

doesn't really work, so I'll keep to the original.  :biggrin:  :biggrin:  :biggrin:

Right, so..

"Carlos or Chanisiri had a dream, idea or business plan

To build a football team, develop a brand and protect their investment

We had a budget, and that also included wages for loan signings

Several new players at the back including some who have replaced pre season signings, Joao, Hooper, Nuhui and Forrosteiri in attack

We're Sheffield Wednesday, we are doing OK and hoping to at least sneak the play off's this season " 

Right, so..

"Carlos or Chanisiri had a dream, idea or business plan

To build a football team, develop a brand and protect their investment

We had a budget, and that also included wages for loan signings

Several new players at the back including some who have replaced pre season signings, Joao, Hooper, Nuhui and Forrosteiri in attack

We're Sheffield Wednesday, we are doing OK and hoping to at least sneak the play off's this season " 

Catchy lol...