Jezza Helan

Sougou and Matias get fit though, I'd be surprised if he makes the bench

Could be right, though he offers a degree of flexibility being able to play FB as well as Wing. Notwithstanding any debate about his quality in either of those divisions.

I must confess that I get nervous when I hear he's coming on. Though to be fair to him, he's not let us down this season so I'm beginning to feel that attitude is unfounded and I should move on. Well played Jezza.

Always been more of a threat as a left winger.

Not a good enough left back at this level, and raw pace will just about get you by on the wing. With better players around him to pass to & collect passes from, I've seen an improvement. The pitch must help him too.

Still no more than a squad player though.

Not sure I agree.

I've been less than positive when he's come on, and still runs into blind alleys going forward even when he is fresh on the pitch.

The thing he has when he comes on with fresh legs and I won't deny is enthusiasm and willing to keep trying to push on - but I think his only future with us is at left back and not wide attacking player.

I am sorry, I am of the opinion he'll not be a Wednesday player 12 months from now.

I just don't see what some on this thread do.

I totally agree with this - can't fault his attitude. Not quite good enough for me.

Never hid the fact I don't rate him and was surprised how popular the decision was to sign him. Technically one of the worst footballers I've seen at the club however he's been marginally better this year when he's come off the bench, Brentford debacle aside. I still think we really lack a quality player with pace, something Tuesday night was crying out for

Carlos has got it worked out.

Helan will not play left back for us unless dire emergency. Equally when we want to attack teams and play passing football he is not good enough on the ball and is too slow in his decision making.

However when we set up to be a bit more defensive and counter attack whether that be against better teams like Arsenal or Newcastle or late in games when we are defending a lead his pace and power can be very useful. He played very well in both the cup games

Guest wilyfox

certainly improved this season.

I don't think he has. Contrast two of his performances, e.g. against Brentford and Arsenal...polar opposites - and that's Jeremy. He's a mixed bag, and you can never be sure what you'll get from him.

He has a role to play. Still needs cutting edge and consistency, but CC likes him for his pace and versatility - so he'll continue to be a regular feature on the bench.

Great game against Arsenal I thought. As a left back not convinced. Didn't see the games but didn't Wiggins play well against Newcastle and QPR? 

Wiggins had a shaky first few minutes against Newcastle. Leading people behind me to say he's poo poo blah blah blah.

He then went on to play absolutely fantastic. Just behind Semedo for me in MOTM.

Didn't go to QPR but he got fantastic reviews & voted MOTM on here by people who went.