Jezza Helan

He's being well-utilised at the moment: Carlos seems to be introducing him into games when the opposition are tiring and his strength and pace can be an effective outlet. He seems to be playing with confidence at the moment (was it Arsenal or Forest where he did a little back heel in the box!?) and is willing to run at opposition defenders, which he has seemed reluctant to do on occasions in the past.

I still can't decide where his best position is, though - last year I'd have said left-back, but he's starting to show signs of attacking intent from the left flank, which, if they continue to develop, might suggest a left-wing position as his best? He's certainly looked decent when played alongside a more attacking full-back in Pudil.

Better, the cameo role suits him a lot more it seems, may be due to the lessened demands or expectations

He's a top athlete, but a poor footballer and not good enough to start in a ( hopefully ) top 6 side

Can't fault the work rate though, was working hard in support of Pudil against Arsenal, he at least seems to be playing the same game as his teammates this season, which is a start.

Never have been a huge fan (he has occasional glimpses), but I was really impressed with his efforts against Arsenal. 

It is a shame that his talent can't match that blistering pace, because once he gets going he is pretty much unstoppable. 

Not sure I agree.

I've been less than positive when he's come on, and still runs into blind alleys going forward even when he is fresh on the pitch.

The thing he has when he comes on with fresh legs and I won't deny is enthusiasm and willing to keep trying to push on - but I think his only future with us is at left back and not wide attacking player.

I am sorry, I am of the opinion he'll not be a Wednesday player 12 months from now.

I just don't see what some on this thread do.

Not sure I agree.

I've been less than positive when he's come on, and still runs into blind alleys going forward even when he is fresh on the pitch.

The thing he has when he comes on with fresh legs and I won't deny is enthusiasm and willing to keep trying to push on - but I think his only future with us is at left back and not wide attacking player.

I am sorry, I am of the opinion he'll not be a Wednesday player 12 months from now.

I've been his biggest critic, but fair is fair he has been better of late

Technically so poor though and have to agree Id be surprised and disappointed if he was offered a new deal when this one expires, regardless of which division we are in

Another one who tries his best every time he plays, but the quality of our squad, and the aspirations of the club, have moved on a long way from what he can offer

Edited by Lee A

Not sure I agree.

If we make it to the top table, not many of the squad will still be with us, that's why I wouldn't be in too much of a hurry to tie some of them to longer contracts

Guest HATETUNALOVECHANSIRI

Bit of a coincidence ever since we got the big screen installed he hasn't featured much, perhaps cc has seen some of his crosses/shots from previous seasons and wanted to protect our investment! lol

People act like he's always been poor.

Around this time last season he was our stand out player at left back.

He goes through patches. Yet people forget the lad is still young. What 23? He's looked decent in his cameos this season. Thought he was superb Bristol first game and Arsenal in the cup. Valuable squad member due to his pace.