Tom Lees

Guest armchairfan

The most important player. Not sure Turner/loovens/Sasso could replace what he brings.

Inclined to agree, but would discount what Turner and Loovens bring to the table either. Not really seen enough of Sasso.

Lees is only at his best when he's got an experienced head, like Loovens or Turner, by his side. 

Probably the best centre half we've had in my time watching Wednesday though.

How I wish he smiled more.

3nUerGo.gif

Found my comment on there eventually,p16

'I think Lees will prove to be a great signing for us. And could be a key player for years to come.

At 23 he has lots of potential as well as having more than plenty of experience at this level.  He's the type of player who will rack up a lot of appearances and will give us that pace we have been lacking at the back.'

I still stand by that comment.  :biggrin: 

clever d!k.  :biggrin:

best cb outside the prem and better than a lot in it.

shhhhhhh!

edit - For once I'm really hoping that we can see the value in keeping a team together who are playing well. We don't need to sell, though I guess anyone's head could be turned, and I wouldn't blame them.

Edited by themaskedowl

I love how good he is on the ball aswell as being a commanding presence. I'm confident with him having the ball anywhere on the pitch and making a pass. He never panics. Must be said that loovens and Turner help his game though. Shows the character of Lees to be just as solid with either Turner or Loovens next to him though.

Totally agree but to be honest Tom Lees was immense from the first game he was slotted into. I remember watching him and thinking 'this guy looks like hes played with us for years'. 

Just shows what a quality player he is. Started brilliantly and has never took his foot off the gas. 2nd name on the teamsheet for me after Westwood

I almost started this thread because he never seems to get mentioned despite the fact that he's probably our best, and certainly our most consistent, outfield player. I think it's easy for everyone to take him for granted- just plug him in and don't worry. I think he's shown that he's absolutely top flight quality, and I still don't understand how Leeds let him go for free. Someone should have been fired for that. 

I'm 3,176 miles from Hillsborough so I don't really know- does the man have a song? Because he should.

I almost started this thread because he never seems to get mentioned despite the fact that he's probably our best, and certainly our most consistent, outfield player. I think it's easy for everyone to take him for granted- just plug him in and don't worry. I think he's shown that he's absolutely top flight quality, and I still don't understand how Leeds let him go for free. Someone should have been fired for that. 

I'm 3,176 miles from Hillsborough so I don't really know- does the man have a song? Because he should.

Tom Lees enters my thoughts at least 5 times a day. Definitely not underrated in my head...

I have also suggested at least five songs for Tom Lees. No ones arsed...

The basis of the current one stuck in my head is 'a thousand trees' by stereophonics.

'If only Tom Lees, could play a thousand matches but for every match...we'll sing this song for Leeeeeeeees'

Want more words leading up to that though.