Sign in to follow this  
armchairfan

Tom Lees

Shows what giving a player a fresh start and some confidence can achieve

If we reach the premier and he's still with us I believe he could be in for a England call up

Has to be one of the best centre backs in the league if not the best

The best outfield player we've had in the past decade. Would not be surprised to see him attracting bids in January. Not doubting our ability to hold onto him; but how much do people think he is worth? With people like lascelles going for over 5mil (I think) in the past couple of years - surely he has to be worth at least that? To be honest, I'd say he is practically irreplaceable at this level for us. A true professional to boot.

StudentOwl - have you been smoking crack? Never exceptional my arse.

Mr Consistent... never exceptional, but always does what's needed and bar any big bids will be one of our centre backs for the next 5 years as a minimum I would have thought. The stats that sum him up best for me are his appearances... 44 out of a possible 46 league games last season, 14 out of 14 this season. Never been subbed off, only two yellow cards in 60 league games. Such a tidy defender, so consistent and as fit as anything. You couldn't really ask for much more could you?!

Never exceptional? You stupid? He's exceptional 90% of the time and bloody class the other 10%.

Probably been said on here for before...

Work with a lad from Leeds and they blame Warnock for publicly humiliating Lees and blaming him following a few shoddy games. Other than that Leeds fans were more than happy with him and eater him highly. Once Warnock killed his confidence he was never the same.

So, thank you Colin

http://www.owlstalk.co.uk/forums/index.php/topic/215211-official-tom-lees-signs/page-1

Another written off by many before he'd kicked a ball for us lol

Good to see some voices of reason in there. Though even I couldn't predict just how darn right fantastic he has become. 

Edited by FlyingOwl

Warnock slated him when the going got tough but when he first arrived he likened him to jagielka.

I can see the similarities

Immense.

Haven't seen a better C/Back anywhere this season (live or on Sky!).

I understand how we picked up Westwood and Lee on Bosmans when other were also after them. But how did we get Lees given away for free and Bannan from the scrap heap? Some coaches can't see the noses in front of them.

http://www.owlstalk.co.uk/forums/index.php/topic/215211-official-tom-lees-signs/page-1

Good to see some voices of reason in there. Though even I couldn't predict just how darn right fantastic he has become.

First positive post of that thread goes to...JTO. Miss him, RIP lil fella.

We had leeds trousers down on this one.   :biggrin:

Will be a key centre back for years to come.

I reckon he will be playing in the Premiership one day, hopefully with us. 

• Agree 1

Re the other thread when he signed - Lees being compared to Kelhar and Oneywu is like comparing Mila Kunis with Dorian off Birds of a Feather

Very harsh, has been exceptional many a time

Agreed, he's got us out of lots of very sticky situations that many, many Championship defenders simply wouldn't have had the skills to.

Found my comment on there eventually,p16

'I think Lees will prove to be a great signing for us. And could be a key player for years to come.

At 23 he has lots of potential as well as having more than plenty of experience at this level.  He's the type of player who will rack up a lot of appearances and will give us that pace we have been lacking at the back.'

I still stand by that comment.  :biggrin: 

• Agree 1

According to that transfermarket site he has played around 290 games and he is 25 later this month. Thats around 50 games a season since he was 18. Pretty incredible record if true.

Mind you it also says he is only worth £1.4m in the transfer market!

According to that transfermarket site he has played around 290 games and he is 25 later this month. Thats around 50 games a season since he was 18. Pretty incredible record if true.

Mind you it also says he is only worth £1.4m in the transfer market!

Will play his 300th career game at home to Huddersfield I think.