Tom Lees

Guest armchairfan

The best outfield player we've had in the past decade. Would not be surprised to see him attracting bids in January. Not doubting our ability to hold onto him; but how much do people think he is worth? With people like lascelles going for over 5mil (I think) in the past couple of years - surely he has to be worth at least that? To be honest, I'd say he is practically irreplaceable at this level for us. A true professional to boot.

StudentOwl - have you been smoking crack? Never exceptional my arse.

Mr Consistent... never exceptional, but always does what's needed and bar any big bids will be one of our centre backs for the next 5 years as a minimum I would have thought. The stats that sum him up best for me are his appearances... 44 out of a possible 46 league games last season, 14 out of 14 this season. Never been subbed off, only two yellow cards in 60 league games. Such a tidy defender, so consistent and as fit as anything. You couldn't really ask for much more could you?!

Never exceptional? You stupid? He's exceptional 90% of the time and bloody class the other 10%.

http://www.owlstalk.co.uk/forums/index.php/topic/215211-official-tom-lees-signs/page-1

Another written off by many before he'd kicked a ball for us lol

Good to see some voices of reason in there. Though even I couldn't predict just how darn right fantastic he has become. 

Found my comment on there eventually,p16

'I think Lees will prove to be a great signing for us. And could be a key player for years to come.

At 23 he has lots of potential as well as having more than plenty of experience at this level.  He's the type of player who will rack up a lot of appearances and will give us that pace we have been lacking at the back.'

I still stand by that comment.  :biggrin: 

According to that transfermarket site he has played around 290 games and he is 25 later this month. Thats around 50 games a season since he was 18. Pretty incredible record if true.

Mind you it also says he is only worth £1.4m in the transfer market!

According to that transfermarket site he has played around 290 games and he is 25 later this month. Thats around 50 games a season since he was 18. Pretty incredible record if true.

Mind you it also says he is only worth £1.4m in the transfer market!

Will play his 300th career game at home to Huddersfield I think.