Tom Lees

Guest armchairfan

Guest armchairfan

Just want to acknowledge his efforts so far this year.

One of the most assured centre backs we have had since pearson.

Not put a foot wrong for me since he joined the club.

With the run that we have been on is based on the team performance and some MOM performances from midfielders and strikers but the most consistent performer has been Lees

Keep it up lad

I love how good he is on the ball aswell as being a commanding presence. I'm confident with him having the ball anywhere on the pitch and making a pass. He never panics. Must be said that loovens and Turner help his game though. Shows the character of Lees to be just as solid with either Turner or Loovens next to him though.

Mr Consistent... never exceptional, but always does what's needed and bar any big bids will be one of our centre backs for the next 5 years as a minimum I would have thought. The stats that sum him up best for me are his appearances... 44 out of a possible 46 league games last season, 14 out of 14 this season. Never been subbed off, only two yellow cards in 60 league games. Such a tidy defender, so consistent and as fit as anything. You couldn't really ask for much more could you?!

And him and Loovens are back to their best

I think this point is worth mentioning. I don't think Turner has been bad when he's played, far from it, but I do think there's an argument to be made that whilst Loovens may not be a better player, his partnership with Lees makes him a better choice to start. After all, it's a partnership that broke the clean sheet record last year.

Edited by daftpenguin