Momentum key for Owls with “bogey” Forest up next - WSC article

Not a bad piece but actually it's rubbish to say we have had "numerous false dawns". Yes, 2008 when it looked like we might kick on. Yes, promotion in 2012 when we thought we might do ok in our first year back. But in general it's been at best a bit flat (last year) and, more typically, dreadful

The last sentence sums it up perfectly

Not a bad piece but actually it's rubbish to say we have had "numerous false dawns".  Yes, 2008 when it looked like we might kick on.  Yes, promotion in 2012 when we thought we might do ok in our first year back.  But in general it's been at best a bit flat (last year) and, more typically, dreadful

I don't agree that it's "rubbish" to say that Wednesday have had plenty of "false dawns". The rise under Paul Sturrock, Lee Strafford becoming chairman, Brian Laws' team that finished ninth, the Megson and then Dave Jones teams that led to promotion and optimism before struggling again. There have been numerous points over the past 15 years where there has been talk, both among media and fans, about waking the "sleeping giant", "new eras" etc. The point the article is making is that none of these actually worked out, and it is too early to tell yet whether this time it's going to be different.

Edited by BlueandWhiteOwl

I don't agree that it's "rubbish" to say that Wednesday have had plenty of "false dawns". The rise under Paul Sturrock, Lee Strafford becoming chairman, Brian Laws' team that finished ninth, the Megson and then Dave Jones teams that led to promotion and optimism before struggling again. There have been numerous points over the past 15 years where there has been talk, both among media and fans, about waking the "sleeping giant", "new eras" etc. The point the article is making is that none of these actually worked out, and it is too early to tell yet whether this time it's going to be different.

I agree it's too early to say how this will go.  My point is that this isn't like the other false dawns.  The Sturrock team in 2005 limped into the playoffs and never looked like kicking on once promoted.   I noted the Laws and 2012 moments, but those were nothing like this.  The point is simply that when the article talks about numerous false dawns it paints too rosy a picture of what has been an incredibly awful 15 years.

So clear the writer is a Wednesday fan.

I never doubted CC even when we were 19th and struggling to convert draws to wins though. The football was good and the cliché being throw around was let them gel. Well I agreed with that and look how we've gotten on since!

UTO