PlayStation VR

Shows what can be done. 

and old game, thought to be far too fast and technical for VR.....

boom free update here ya go, ave that. nailed it.

So many other games should be trying this:

Alien Isolation

Adr1ft

NMS

Elite

to name but a few,

VR really needs this to happen lots lots more for it to really be a big hardware seller.

The big games need to come, and it doesn't necessarily need to be new games is my point.

Devs would get new money for old rope essentially if they can nail a VR version like WipeOut have, think of the extra sales they are getting now!

Edited by oasismark

Got this today with the worlds game

Really impressed so far, I genuinely felt like a child on Christmas Day when I first put it on. The only negative I can think of is that the picture quality appears abit grainy at times

Played Wipeout thursday night,

turn all the comfort settings off, managed 3 races,

its quite an experiance, but if you want to spend longer than a few races im start off slow,

Really good tho

Can’t play more than 3 games in a row though as nausea sets in pretty soon for me

Just got PSVR.

Set it up.

Just downloading the VR room thingy.

Had a quick go on that teddy picker thing. When the coins ran out, I didn't know how to just leave the machine, I pressed every button, nothing, was just stuck there, so had to exit to the main menu.

Nowt else has finished downloading yet, so I couldn't try owt else.

It's a bit blurry. The normal PS home screen, for example, is slightly out of focus. Can I change this? I've adjusted the goggles in and out, doesn't change it.

On 02/04/2018 at 20:17, Stoop said:

Got this today with the worlds game

Really impressed so far, I genuinely felt like a child on Christmas Day when I first put it on. The only negative I can think of is that the picture quality appears abit grainy at times

The graininess is what I was on about.

So that's normal then?

Didn't know if I'd done something wrong setting it up.

It is an inherent problem with putting a screen so close to your eyes (try putting your face as close to your TV or your phone an inch away from your eyes and see the effect there).

VR companies are making massive strides in making screens clearer - PSVR is a first generation so it won’t be perfect (and the resolution isn’t massive).

That said, there is a sweet spot. Follow all the instructions carefully and go through the set up a couple of times. Measure the distance between your eyes and make sure that is accurate in the settings.

Lastly, just physically move the headset around (grab it and slowly move it up/down/left/right), just fractions of an inch can make a difference.

You also have to get used to it a little. After a small amount of time your eyes will make that slight adjustment and it clears up a little. For me the peripheral vision is always blurry, but the pint of VR is loving your head around and looking directly at what you want to focus on, not necessarily moving just your eyes.

• Thanks 1

On 19/06/2019 at 14:27, The Batman said:

It's a bit blurry. The normal PS home screen, for example, is slightly out of focus. Can I change this? I've adjusted the goggles in and out, doesn't change it.

technologys limit at the moment, its getting better all the time, but id say stop looking for it?

Start a game and youll soon stop noticing any kind of resolution.

I have to say you also tried a really old crap game, theres so much amazing stuff out on PSVR now.

What other games you got,

theres so many damos to try