OFFICIAL - GARY HOOPER SIGNS ON LOAN

It's another piece in the jigsaw.Another quality addition.Will he single handedly win us promotion?no of course not,but it's another step in the right direction.

It may be this season,it could well be next season with more additions over the summer,but either way,promotion is more and more realistic,we are going in the right direction. DC is doing a superb job,as are Roeder and the rest of the committee.As a fan I can ask no more.

It's another piece in the jigsaw.Another quality addition.Will he single handedly win us promotion?no of course not,but it's another step in the right direction.

It may be this season,it could well be next season with more additions over the summer,but either way,promotion is more and more realistic,we are going in the right direction. DC is doing a superb job,as are Roeder and the rest of the committee.As a fan I can ask no more.

Yeah, there are very few concerns remaining ...

Whether CC feels we will always have to start with one of, Joao & Nuhiu

Securing loans long term ... Obviously some will leave, with Lopez looking most likely atm

Whether Hooper's taps in & penalties will actually count

Surely they've pulled this £500k loan fee from back in August when he was set to sign a season long loan. Absolutely no way are we paying that for a 3 month deal. I wouldn't be surprised if there's an agreement to extend the loan in January but now that we've missed out on 2 months of the original deal the fee should be reduced accordingly.

He gives us a different option, but I think people need to temper their expectations a little here.

He's been poor for Norwich, and scoring goals in Scotland is no barometer of quality. He's a poacher but doesn't offer much else, and by giving him a starting berth you remove the hard chasing, hold-up and pressing that is done by one of the strikers that is crucial to how we set up. Converting chances and scoring goals hasn't been a problem for us this season so I'm not sure where this feverish clamour for a "goalscorer" is coming from.

Hope he does well but I'm suspending judgement for the time being. The extra strength in septh is nice, but there's no way would I start him ahead of Foresteiri or Joao.

I am sure someone said ( might have been Carlos) that he is a hard worker . 

If he isn't he will be sat with Mcgugan and Matias . 

CC will not have any players that do not fit into his ethos 

I am sure someone said ( might have been Carlos) that he is a hard worker .

If he isn't he will be sat with Mcgugan and Matias .

CC will not have any players that do not fit into his ethos

The latest story on the OS explains this in Carlos speak and is brilliant.

Sorry can't do links on my phone

He gives us a different option, but I think people need to temper their expectations a little here.

He's been poor for Norwich, and scoring goals in Scotland is no barometer of quality. He's a poacher but doesn't offer much else, and by giving him a starting berth you remove the hard chasing, hold-up and pressing that is done by one of the strikers that is crucial to how we set up. Converting chances and scoring goals hasn't been a problem for us this season so I'm not sure where this feverish clamour for a "goalscorer" is coming from.

Hope he does well but I'm suspending judgement for the time being. The extra strength in septh is nice, but there's no way would I start him ahead of Foresteiri or Joao.

I hate it when people post without doing some research.

Have a butchers at his record for Norwich at this level.

Hooper averaged a goal every 122 minutes of Championship football for Norwich last season, and in his previous season at this level for Scunthorpe it was a goal every 144 minutes.

He's a very good, proven striker at this level.

Better goal per game ratio than Bamford if I rightly recall.

Because he wasn't a regular starter for Norwich and they've let him out on loan he gets branded as "been poor for Norwich" and "only scores goals in Scotland".

Edited by B.A Baracus

Surely they've pulled this £500k loan fee from back in August when he was set to sign a season long loan. Absolutely no way are we paying that for a 3 month deal. I wouldn't be surprised if there's an agreement to extend the loan in January but now that we've missed out on 2 months of the original deal the fee should be reduced accordingly.

I surely hope so. Not good value for a 90 day loan. That would be pretty much £50k a match plus his wages. 

These goals may have been scored in the "North of the Border Pub League" but the impressive thing about Hooper in those clips is his ability to "trap" and bring the ball under control.  Hooper could have a birthday with the crossing from Wallace and the clever through balls from Forestieri and Bannan. 

Certainly if we're chasing goals I'd rather bring Hooper on than Nuhiu.

If we're protecting a lead Nuhiu can come and give us some strength up top.

Options.

This. He's a terrific option to have. When he gets on if he scorers each week he can be the goal option. At he minute it's Joao's shirt. It's better than threatening Showumni that if he doesn't control the ball soon we will sign Feeney on loan or summat ...

The latest story on the OS explains this in Carlos speak and is brilliant.

Sorry can't do links on my phone

This bit?

“Football is a collective game, strikers are a part of the game. I don’t just bring in the strikers to do goals. 

“I bring in the strikers to first of all do teamwork, he must work to the collective, he must be part of the collective and he must be inside the dynamic. 

“If the dynamic is good and everybody does the teamwork, the goals will be the consequence.” 

He added: “Who do the goals, I don’t care. Whether it’s the strikers or the centre halves, it is not important to me. 

“For me, it’s more important that the players come to help the team, come to support their colleagues, do the teamwork and if the goals come, it will be the consequence of that dynamic.”

http://www.swfc.co.uk/news/article/part-of-the-collective-2773070.aspx

Okay , he scored a lot in Scotland, but this is no Stevie May situation. Hopper has done in in the championship AND scored goals in Europe for Celtic. 

He is a proven scorer with the record to back that up. 

Quality player and a fantastic signing. 

These goals may have been scored in the "North of the Border Pub League" but the impressive thing about Hooper in those clips is his ability to "trap" and bring the ball under control.  Hooper could have a birthday with the crossing from Wallace and the clever through balls from Forestieri and Bannan. 

Hope so