OFFICIAL - GARY HOOPER SIGNS ON LOAN

Let me get this straight, we have Lucas Joao who is looking like an absolute beast of signing and we also have Gary Hooper and Fernando Forestieri?

Really? What witchcraft is this? 

Why Sir, 'tis Wednesday magic and there is no more powerful force known to man!  :biggrin:

He gives us a different option, but I think people need to temper their expectations a little here.

He's been poor for Norwich, and scoring goals in Scotland is no barometer of quality. He's a poacher but doesn't offer much else, and by giving him a starting berth you remove the hard chasing, hold-up and pressing that is done by one of the strikers that is crucial to how we set up. Converting chances and scoring goals hasn't been a problem for us this season so I'm not sure where this feverish clamour for a "goalscorer" is coming from.

Hope he does well but I'm suspending judgement for the time being. The extra strength in septh is nice, but there's no way would I start him ahead of Foresteiri or Joao.

He gives us a different option, but I think people need to temper their expectations a little here.

He's been poor for Norwich, and scoring goals in Scotland is no barometer of quality. He's a poacher but doesn't offer much else, and by giving him a starting berth you remove the hard chasing, hold-up and pressing that is done by one of the strikers that is crucial to how we set up. Converting chances and scoring goals hasn't been a problem for us this season so I'm not sure where this feverish clamour for a "goalscorer" is coming from.

Hope he does well but I'm suspending judgement for the time being. The extra strength in septh is nice, but there's no way would I start him ahead of Foresteiri or Joao.

Hooper averaged a goal every 122 minutes of Championship football for Norwich last season, and in his previous season at this level for Scunthorpe it was a goal every 144 minutes.

He's a very good, proven striker at this level. 

Guest minsk owl

Strange, ...... can't seem to remember Jack Whitham doing too much of the hard chasing, hold-up, and pressing ......... just put the ball where it needed to be, ..........  with an average of almost 1 in 2 for us , and Liverpool ( injuries restricting )

Edited by minsk owl