Rotherham vs The Owls. Official Matchday Thread.

Now that the fat man has gone, the local council have decided to build the New York Safe Confinement (NYSC). This is a structure intended to contain the heavy gas deposits at Rotherham, South Yorkshire, part of which was destroyed by the Evans' Continuous Trumping disaster in 2014. The primary goal of the NYSC is to prevent the leaking of highly toxic trumps into the greater surrounding environment and the secondary goal is to prepare a safe demolition of the town centre.

As part of the Shelter Implementation Plan funded by the government, the NYSC is designed to contain the poisonous remains of Rotherham United’s New York Stadium for the next 100 years. It is intended to replace the cladding which was hastily constructed by Chernobyl style “Liquidators” after a "beyond design-basis accident" the home dressing room and most of the stadium’s office space was destroyed beyond recognition on April 26, 2014.

The word "confinement" is used here rather than the traditional "containment" to emphasize the difference between the preventative containment of radioactive gases that is the primary focus of a nuclear reactor's shielding and the post - disaster confinement of evil trumps that is the primary purpose of the structure in Rotherham.

The NYSC will make the old cladding and remnants of the damaged stadium safe and environmentally secure. Completion of the project is scheduled for the end of 2017. The total cost of the Shelter Implementation Plan is estimated to be around £2 billion.

8imQUPx.png

IMPORTANT

If that wasn’t enough, Rotherham have a gang of hoolies called Section 5. Mind you, they are getting on a bit these days. Here’s a before and after comparison between the notorious 80’s and today. Still, be careful tonight as there are now five of them.

vNSPmUD.gif

THE SERIOUS BIT

mvHHwVL.png

Venue: The Chuckledome, Rotherham
Kick Off: Friday 23rd of October at 19:45

Matchday Apparel: HazMat suit.

Matchday Drink: Beer.

Matchday Pie: Take your pick. A selection of pies will be available for the first time in three years at Rotherham.

Matchday Song: Liquidator by Harry J All Stars…

MATCHDAY FACTS

Joe Mattock (shoulder), Danny Ward (back) and Joe Newell (foot) have all returned to training having missed the last two games and will return to the fray.

Neil Redfearn, who has taken one point from his first two games in charge of the Millers, is further boosted by the return of midfielder Richie Smallwood from suspension. That just leaves skipper Lee Frecklington (calf) in the treatment room, but Redfearn says he is expected to return to training on Monday.

Wednesday will be without winger Modou Sogou after he was stretchered off during Tuesday night's goalless draw at QPR after dislocating his shoulder. Modou was one of seven changes made by head coach Carlos Carvalhal following last week's home draw against Hull and the Portuguese is expected to rotate his squad again.

Centre-half Michael Turner (knee) missed out in midweek and remains sidelined, while defenders Liam Palmer, Glenn Loovens and Rhoys Wiggins, midfielders Jose Semedo and Lewis McGugan, plus striker Atdhe Nuhiu will all be hoping to retain their places.
The Owls, ninth in the table, are bidding to extend their unbeaten league run to seven matches.

7kW8PUO.png Head to Head 48pAkj8.png

• Rotherham have won just three of their past 17 league matches against Wednesday, losing 11 of them.

• Wednesday have won on three of their past four league visits to Rotherham (D1), scoring at least twice in each victory.

• There were four goals in the last five minutes of this fixture last season as Wednesday won 3-2 at the New York Stadium.

• The Millers are without a home league win against Wednesday since 1976, a run of nine games (D2 L7).

• Rotherham have conceded a league-high 12 first-half goals this season.

FyZWKno.png

MINTYNESS

9nWOe15.gif

Nervous about this one.

I know that we have everything in our locker to batter them. Really batter them. Our squad is superior in every way to their one. Not one of their players would even warm our bench!

But anything can happen in a derby. And that's what scares me. Live on sky...I don't want to be embarrassed.

Guest minsk owl

LOVE IT !!!!!  :biggrin:  :biggrin:  :biggrin:  :biggrin:  :biggrin:

Going for 1 -2 ,  with Dave to finish it off from the spot  ..................  and Maguire ( if he gets a game, or a bit of one ) , to be particularly quiet mouth and fingerwise

post-38035-0-60057100-1445555277_thumb.j

Best OMDT ever.

Well done pauli...!

Really happy with what is developing at our club and the media are twigging it too.

Reckon we will soon be the doyens of the Championship.

I can just feel the mintyness oozing out of us and filling football with the Old Lady's classical perfume.

Time to give somebody a pasting and I reckon the Millers are on the menu.

C'MON LADS...!

UTO

Evening all.  

Nice one Pauli.  HazMat suit at the ready.  :biggrin:

Its about time we go on a goal scoring rampage.  Things will start clicking together.  

I'm going for a 5-1 Wednesday win.  Joao running riot with a hattrick, Lee and Lees the other scorers.  

COME ON WEDNESDAY!!!

Was hoping to watch this with the NYC Owls, but I'll be at LaGuardia waiting for my flight home to Denver.

Hopefully there's a sports bar near the United gates on the C concourse, but I'm not counting on it.

I move a lot of concrete on the QVC.