Arsenal Ticket Update

Love sneaking the last pint and a whisky chaser in at about 7.35. Then turn up five minutes late and have to make all the proper fans stand up and put their programs away and tut while I stagger to my seat breathing booze fumes and standing on toes. Anybody moans and I just slur "All Wednesday aren't we?"

Can't fault thi.

Seriously.

If all turnstiles are open and people arrive at least 30 minutes earlier than normal we shouldn't have any problems.

Problem is I'm in Uni till 5:30, then have to have something to eat, and make it up from J24 of the M1 to pick my family up from before heading to the ground.

So I don't have much chance to get there ages before kick off.

Fans leaving it late is hardly particular to Wednesday, but the overwhelming majority of clubs can handle it.

Disagree all you want, I think it reflects badly if we can't handle big gates.

Will do  :rolleyes:

I think fans adapt to their matchday experience, as we have done.  Some of us don't turn up until 10 minutes before kick off and on what has become a normal matchday for us, that's fine.

On bigger matchdays, the likes of which we haven't seen many of at Hillsborough for the last 16 years, you can't expect the people on the turnstiles to handle thousands of people doing that in the last 10/15 minutes and get them in on time.

Use your loaves.  Thousands of people turn up 10/15 mins before kick off and it's our 'tinpot' facilites that are to blame if there's a late kick off?.  It works both ways.  They'll do the best job they can do, and a quick one at that, but if everyone turns up late then a problem will occur.

Of course, we could all stop being moaning minnies about something that hasn't happened yet and just turn up that little bit earlier for the event we've paid to go.  UTO.

Problem is I'm in Uni till 5:30, then have to have something to eat, and make it up from J24 of the M1 to pick my family up from before heading to the ground.

So I don't have much chance to get there ages before kick off.

And it's no problem if a few hundred people struggle to get in that early.

Problems arise when few hundred turns into thousands...

In regular league games the ground doesn't fill up till 5 mins before kick off anyway. But our attendances aren't big enough for that to be a problem.

But because we're close to a sell out, and it's an evening game with the rush hour traffic etc etc.....there's a higher chance of a delayed kick off I think. 

If this was an afternoon game the problem wouldn't be that big. But Sheffield's a nightmare in the rush hour. There's roadworks on the way into Sheffield too I think. 

I'll be there nice and early anyway.

Edited by FlyingOwl

Love sneaking the last pint and a whisky chaser in at about 7.35. Then turn up five minutes late and have to make all the proper fans stand up and put their programs away and tut while I stagger to my seat breathing booze fumes and standing on toes. Anybody moans and I just slur "All Wednesday aren't we?"

Don't forget to fart as you pass the lady eating her home made sandwich.

And it's no problem if a few hundred people struggle to get in that early.

Problems arise when few hundred turns into thousands...

In regular league games the ground doesn't fill up till 5 mins before kick off anyway. But our attendances aren't big enough for that to be a problem.

But because we're close to a sell out, and it's an evening game with the rush hour traffic etc etc.....there's a higher chance of a delayed kick off I think. 

If this was an afternoon game the problem wouldn't be that big. But Sheffield's a nightmare in the rush hour. There's roadworks on the way into Sheffield too I think. 

I'll be there nice and early anyway.

It really is. Getting from SB to my home in Sheffield takes 50 mins if there is no traffic. In rush our it can be over 2 hours.

The roadworks on the M1 really screw people over who are having to travel in for games. 

Sheffield Wednesday host Arsenal in the Capital One Cup on Tuesday and tickets remaining for the fourth round clash are extremely limited.

The North and South Stands have now sold out, while limited numbers are available for sale on the Kop and Grandstand. 

This fixture is all-ticket, with no sales on the turnstiles and supporters are advised to arrive as early as possible to avoid unnecessary queuing on the night. 

As part of the club’s initiative to encourage supporters to the ground in good time, our catering partners Centerplate have special offers on food and drink ahead of kick-off at 7.45pm. 

As the game edges closer, supporters can buy hot drinks and pies, priced at just £1 each until 7.15pm. 

Sheffield Wednesday would like to thank all fans for their outstanding support throughout the season so far and look forward to welcoming a capacity crowd in S6 for this highly-anticipated tie. 

As ever, fans are reminded of the conduct and behaviour with regard to the setting off of smoke bombs and flares.  

See you at Hillsborough! 

would anyone be enticed into the ground early just so they could buy a cup of tea or pie  for quid ? .......

Of course, we could all stop being moaning minnies about something that hasn't happened yet and just turn up that little bit earlier for the event we've paid to go. UTO.[/quote

That's why I said 'if'.

As poric said there should only be a delay for some unforseen event. If people leave it too late tough, if the roads and infrastructure can't cope that is pathetic for a major city. If our stadium and turnstiles are to blame then that is poor.

In short, if a delayed kick off as we can't handle big crowds it's a poor reflection on us. As, to be fair the ridiculous situation at Manchester City last season was on them.

would anyone be enticed into the ground early just so they could buy a cup of tea or pie  for quid ? .......

We're in the ground early regardless.

But my brother has been taking advantage of the cheap pies. 

I have seen an increase in people getting in early since the offer has been in place.

get there earlier and you get discounted food and drink or stand out side queuing in the cold and pay £2 for a hot drink and £3 for a pie to warm up

So in answer to your question yes I think they would  

Of course, we could all stop being moaning minnies about something that hasn't happened yet and just turn up that little bit earlier for the event we've paid to go. UTO.[/quote

That's why I said 'if'.

As poric said there should only be a delay for some unforseen event. If people leave it too late tough, if the roads and infrastructure can't cope that is pathetic for a major city. If our stadium and turnstiles are to blame then that is poor.

In short, if a delayed kick off as we can't handle big crowds it's a poor reflection on us. As, to be fair the ridiculous situation at Manchester City last season was on them.

Man City this season, in the champions league no less, has thousands of people miss half an hour of kick off due to not being able to handle it.

That's why it wouldn't surprise me if we struggle. Our turnstile system isn't as modern as there's, and they have more room around the stadium for people to move around. We have people queuing on the roads to get onto the Kop sometimes...

One of them pesky band members put his trumpet through the screen and broke it , bloody bstd.

We've got a band?

When did this happen?

At least the price of pies haven't gone up since I last went to a game. Still a quid I see.

Edited by theowlsman