Would this change if I bought tickets for Saturday?

If you can get down in person to the ticket office , get in the ticket queue, ask others in the queue if they'll get you a ticket for the Arsenal game. We all want as many new fans as possible so someone may well help you.  Buy a ticket for the Hull game anyway to get yourself on the database for when we draw Man Utd in the next round :manager:

Guest Robster01

Should do. And is probably a partial reason why the club have adopted this policy.

Sheffield is a student city, myself included, and this is an attractive fixture to get new blood into Hillsborough. BUT we don't want them just for this game, we want them for a league game too. Thus you'll probably be able to get your Arsenal ticket if you buy a ticket for any of the other available games, such as Hull on Saturday.

The official word from the club is; 'Please note, supporters must have an active booking history in order to purchase tickets for this fixture.'

You should be fine if you buy a Hull ticket. Even if you have no plans to go to the match, buying a child's ticket for £5 would probably trigger the Arsenal tickets into becoming available.

Anyone want a U17 ticket for Saturday then? Just bought one and it's not triggered it :(

Anyone want a U17 ticket for Saturday then? Just bought one and it's not triggered it :(

Give the club a ring.

They will be able to cancel/refund that one and should be able to sort out Arsenal for you.

They have to take precautions not to sell tickets to Arsenal fans, hence why this is more difficult for you.

Presumably you have an ID now, so you could also tweet/message them https://twitter.com/swfcTICKETS and they might reply or call you back (but they are busy).

Guest Robster01

Give the club a ring.

They will be able to cancel/refund that one and should be able to sort out Arsenal for you.

They have to take precautions not to sell tickets to Arsenal fans, hence why this is more difficult for you.

Presumably you have an ID now, so you could also tweet/message them https://twitter.com/swfcTICKETS and they might reply or call you back (but they are busy).

Yeah I do understand why they do it. I was hoping there'd be a way around it for students in the city though

Yeah I do understand why they do it. I was hoping there'd be a way around it for students in the city though

Go into the club shop and all you can do is explain your situation, show your student ID etc to prove you live in the city.

If that fails I'm sure someone on here will get you a ticket and meet you on the day or something.

Guest Robster01

Go into the club shop and all you can do is explain your situation, show your student ID etc to prove you live in the city.

If that fails I'm sure someone on here will get you a ticket and meet you on the day or something.

Gonna head up and do this in about half am hour, if unsuccessful I'll bring cash and ask anyone there queuing too. Cheers

Guest Robster01

Thanks everyone, went to the ticket office and got tickets today :) Someone also left the gate open so went pitchside for a bit haha

Thanks everyone, went to the ticket office and got tickets today :) Someone also left the gate open so went pitchside for a bit haha

Welcome aboard!

Where in the ground did you get tickets?

P.s. If only you knew what you're letting yourself in for...

lol

Guest Robster01

Welcome aboard!

Where in the ground did you get tickets?

P.s. If only you knew what you're letting yourself in for...

lol

In the Kop of all places haha, U1 iirc. Really looking forward to it

I'm still getting used to the language this side of the pennines, sorry if I offended anyone ;)

No offence taken lad. It is a 5h1t word though and it's sneaking in to everyday life. Oh well at least you didn't say "hey guys". Thats the worst phrase in the English language. Bar none. Enjoy your first day as a Wednesday fan. Just don't tw at the band and get yourself banned. You will feel like it.

In the Kop of all places haha, U1 iirc. Really looking forward to it

You'll love it on Kop, we're allowed to fart and nobody complains, we're not like the prawn sandwich brigade in South and North stands. lol

Edited by bradowl