The Owls vs Preston North End. Official Matchday Thread.

Today’s opposites have a grisly history…

In the middle ages, Preston had a large castle at it’s centre which was home to duchess Anulka. But all was not well in the village for Anulka was a nymphomaniac and a vampire. She and her vicious band of ladies in waiting would kidnap the unwary, be they locals or travellers, men or women.

At night, they would ply their victims with wine and promises of sex before sinking long, sharp fangs into their necks and drinking their blood. Shortly before sunrise, Anulka's vampires would disappear into the cellar to sleep in coffins.

Eventually, King Shankly got really fed up with it all and sent an army. It was a bright sunny day so the soldiers fearlessly broke into the castle and quickly found the cellar. There was a ferocious battle in the dimly lit vault as Anulka and her girls put up a fight. Shankly lost many troops. The army dispatched the last of the vampires just as the sun went down, but not before Anulka placed a curse on Preston. Shankly decided to err on the side of caution and set up a permanent garrison there.

Peace was restored to Preston but things soon got boring. The commanding officer had tried to press the townspeople into service, hoping to boost his ranks. But it turned out that the survivors were all really fast runners and always managed to get away from his soldiers. Many of them had years of practice, escaping the vampires.

Much later, it was private Tom Finney who came up with the idea of getting the speedy locals involved in sport. Maybe they could be persuaded to join the army once they had built up loyalty to the team.

The plan worked. Preston North End were formed and that’s how we come to be playing them today.

hz2oSjy.jpg

IMPORTANT

The Preston hoolie firm is called Para Squad and there are hundreds of them. Don’t worry though, PNE have only sold eight tickets.

THE SERIOUS BIT

sbcLtNv.png

Venue: Hillsborough Stadium, Sheffield.
Kick Off: Saturday 3rd of October at 15:00

Matchday Apparel: Blue and White.

Matchday Drink: Bloody Mary.

Matchday Pie: Stake.

Matchday Song: Voodoo Child by Jimi Hendrix…

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9dA8eurwXDY

MATCHDAY FACTS

Head coach Carlos Carvalhal will check on the fitness of forward Fernando Forestieri and defender Daniel Pudil (both hamstring). Defender Jeremy Helan sits out a one-game ban following his dismissal for two yellow-card offences last weekend.

Preston are without suspended duo Bailey Wright and Joe Garner. Manager Simon Grayson is hopeful defender Paul Huntington (hamstring) and forward Paul Gallagher (calf) will both be available.

M02y1er.png Head to Head T1ycpla.png

• The Owls have scored at least once in each of their last seven league encounters with the Lilywhites (W3 D3 L1).

• Preston last defeated Wednesday at Hillsborough in October 2009, when Neil Mellor and Jon Parkin were both on target in a 2-1 win.

• No player has provided more Championship assists this season than Sheffield Wednesday's Ross Wallace (4).

• Preston are winless in their last seven league games, losing four and drawing three.

• Preston's Daniel Johnson has scored five goals in his last seven games in all competitions.

HE7lOwA.png

MINTYNESS

Giant Shadow Llama is making his home debut today!

PqRK8JA.gif

Evening all.  

Should be a straightforward win on paper.  They will put up a bit of a fight, but the quality in the team will see us emerge victorious. 

I'm going for a 3-1 Wednesday win.  

Bannan, Lee and Joao with a 30 yard screamer.  

COME ON WEDNESDAY!!!! 

Guest minsk owl

the time is ripe for a hatful today,  let's keep the run going,  4 - 0  ,  McGugan, 2 for Dave, ....... and perm any one from ten for the last 'un

post-38035-0-70499300-1443827839.gif

A very good morning to you all. Superb yet again from Pauli. Got a good feeling about this one, reckon Carlos has got the nous to keep this winning run going and get us another 3 valuable points in the bag. Preston missing several key players and have been pretty poor this season, especially away from Deepdale. My only worry that Adam Reach absolute destroys Wiggins again like he did just a few weeks ago, here's hoping we learn from our mistakes.

Wednesday 3-0 Preston (Lee 15, Wallace 33, Joao 79)

Edited by GroundhoppingOwl

Get in there!! Well done Pauli. All hail the GSL. Has win written all over it. Poor PNE won't know what's hit them.

This is going to be an interesting one. So many times (well it seems so to me) we perform well against the better opposites and seem to just fall apart against lower opposition. Not having a go at PNE btw, but if we harbour top 10 ambitions then this is a match we really ought to win. Given the recent run of results, the "first 10 games" thing is looking a bit better. A win today and I'd expect us to be 10th or there abouts and TBH, I'd be happy with that for now. Continue the building and we'll be oreyt come the business end of the season. 

Guest minsk owl

Have another pint. I want us to win every game 16 - 0.

think the biggest win we ever had was 12 - 0  vs  Haliwell , sometime in 1890's ,  .......... so i might just have another couple 

They will be set up to defend and frustrate us.

Will be a good indicator of how far we've progressed since we played Reading and they did the same.

Hopefully the players and fans remain patient.

An early goal would be great, and we should again pose a threat from set pieces.

But if we don't get ahead, and keep moving the ball they should tire and we will get a break through in the 2nd half.

Carvalhal's Barmy Army...

Guest Darkus Owlus

I'll behave myself for this thread I promise.

Not silly jpegs or dry sarcasm, will be a good darkus.

We will rain goals today, just watch.

Best OMDT ever.

Well done pauli...!

Anulka's castle is now my house and the moat is now my boating lake.

I wondered why I kept finding sharp bits of ivory in my wine cellar.

Anyhow taking my PNE mate and his lad. He might remind me for the two-millionth time this week that his ticket cost thirty-three foookin' Pounds during the drive over.

Might introduce him to Kivo in the Lounge.

Anyway I will be giving Stevie a cheer just to annoythe moaning twohat that sits a few rows back and hope he gets a consolation as part of a 4-1 thumping of the original Invincibles.

Like Preston, a proper football club, but hoping we give it them good stylee.

A very good morning to the Morning Glory Gang also Eaton.

Big pyro event rumoured for tomorrow on the North.

Paaaaarrrrtytime.

Can't wait till 3PM following my self-inflicted sabbatical in which we have won every game.

See you all later.

C'MON LADS...!

UTO

Edited by 33

Guest minsk owl

I knew Gerri was a bit older than the other Spice Girls but wow!!

nah !!, it was all that slap that made her look a bit younger, and wi' them thighs she coulda' played in all ten positions