Local Media - Good PR

Following the ticket prices of the cup match being announced, our local media representatives were very quick to praise the pricing policy.

Howson, Biggs, Yorkshire post and radio Sheffield all got in on the act.

Now if they really think £30-36 to watch a televised match in midweek is good then fair enough, but these were all spouting the opposite when I paid £36 for Leeds away in the last 2 seasons. (Obviously the Yorkshire post didn't say bad things about leeds)

Therefore do you think there has been some PR get together between club and media to try and put the club in a better light after the well publicised match day ticket debacle?

Following the ticket prices of the cup match being announced, our local media representatives were very quick to praise the pricing policy.

Howson, Biggs, Yorkshire post and radio Sheffield all got in on the act.

Now if they really think £30-36 to watch a televised match in midweek is good then fair enough, but these were all spouting the opposite when I paid £36 for Leeds away in the last 2 seasons. (Obviously the Yorkshire post didn't say bad things about leeds)

Therefore do you think there has been some PR get together between club and media to try and put the club in a better light after the well publicised match day ticket debacle?

Surely you go to well over 5 matches a season, making the membership fee worthwhile and allowing you in for £25  :dry:

I don't understand why people don't get the membership if they are not ST holders.

100% this. Exactly what I did.

Getting sick of hearing it now. Folk either pay up, or don't. The continued whinging ain't going to change anything. No matter how matter how many years you've been going to S6.

Surely you go to well over 5 matches a season, making the membership fee worthwhile and allowing you in for £25  :dry:

I've had a season ticket for 30 years in a row and go to 90% of the away games. But what has that got to do with anything i have posted??

The point was has there been a media get together with the club since they got lambasted in pre season. I do apologise as it was quite a complicated point to grasp!!

I don't understand why people don't get the membership if they are not ST holders.

Because the majority cherry pick only going to the best games. I would hazard a guess they are the ones being the most vocal about the prices too.

I've had a season ticket for 30 years in a row and go to 90% of the away games. But what has that got to do with anything i have posted??

The point was has there been a media get together with the club since they got lambasted in pre season. I do apologise as it was quite a complicated point to grasp!!

Maybe it is simply because it turns out the prices aren't that bad for this season...majority have been Cat D games which is only a few pound more than last season which is more than acceptable when you consider the amount of investment gone in to the club already

Could Wednesday fans be the most boring in the country?

I just think, in general, people from Sheffield love to have a good old moan about something. I work with mainly Forest and Derby fans, they seem alot more level headed in supporting in their clubs. I dont know how some people on here get through daily life.

Club was losing millions. Spent a load of money on the ground and team. Need extra income to cover this. History shows lower prices don't attract massively increased numbers. Have hard core support of 20k.

Answer therefore = lock the 20k into paying up front. Prices have to go up. Forget price sensitive occasional fans and set about finding some new fans who will embrace the new situation.