Options

bebby

It is brilliant having options to use be it as a squad or from the bench. 

We haven't been this 'strong' ever; not even back in the day when we were awesome. I am not saying the players are as good as the early 90s, just that we din't have anywhere near as many options. 

Good times. 

I never really took note of squads back in the day, whether that's because of the lack of the internet or blind ignorance, but it does indeed seem we have our best squad ever.

You know it's the case when you desperately struggle to include everyone you want to in your matchday squad on PES or FIFA...

Edited by davey_wells

I never really took note of squads back in the day, whether that's because of the lack of the internet or blind ignorance, but it does indeed seem we have our best squad ever.

You know it's the case when you desperately struggle to include everyone you want to in your matchday squad on PES or FIFA...

'We have our best squad ever' - what have you just typed you silly boy

It is brilliant having options to use be it as a squad or from the bench.

We haven't been this 'strong' ever; not even back in the day when we were awesome. I am not saying the players are as good as the early 90s, just that we din't have anywhere near as many options.

Good times.

Can we see you back at S6 then bebby?

Compare it to the last team that got promoted from this division:-

Pressman

Turner

Key

Nilsson

Harkes

Anderson

Shirtliff

Pearson

Madden

Newsome

Wetherall

King

Wilson

Sheridan

Palmer

Mackenzie

Worthington

McCall

Hyde

Barrick

Hirst

Williams

Francis

Whitton

Watson

Johnson

Maybe didn't have the numbers of the current squad but when you had players like Pressman, Madden, Harkes, Anderson and Francis not in your first XI, I reckon that squad was far better.

The reserve team won the league that year as well with youngsters like Wetherall, Newsome, Hyde, Johnson and Watson fighting hard to get in the squad.

Edited by HirstWhoScoredIt