Arsenal prices

Anyone who seriously believes that everyone will gladly pay £40-£50 to watch Arsenal's fringe team needs to have a word with themselves.

We've got what, 14k ST holders, many of whom can just about afford it thanks to the finance option. Another 40 or 50 quid on top will ultimately see plenty of them having to miss out.

If there was a poll on this I'd bet that the majority of people would see prices ranging from £20-£30 as decent value.

Let's get as many people in as possible and make it a special night.

I think the best bet is £20 adults, discount for children and use it as a chance to push the membership scheme again in reward for pushing you up the queue.

It's half term, this is the best we've had it for 15 years, we're all expecting that even an Arsenal reserve side will probably be too good for us but why not fill the place with future Wednesdayites.

What better chance to get the next generation in the ground.

'Cashing in' on this one would be very short term thinking. Let's look long term, future fans. We may even convert a couple of glory hunting Sheffield based Arsenal fans with a spirited performance.

This is a cup game though, so high ticket prices don't have such a great effect on increased revenue for SWFC as it has to be split with Arsenal & Football League etc. The best way for us to make this a money spinner is to price it to fill the ground but then try and maximise match day revenue in other ways. Merchandising etc all belongs to Wednesday and does not get split.  

Other potential benefits of a full ground are increased atmosphere and people coming back for more games if they've enjoyed it.

UTO

FTB

I think the best bet is £20 adults, discount for children and use it as a chance to push the membership scheme again in reward for pushing you up the queue.

It's half term, this is the best we've had it for 15 years, we're all expecting that even an Arsenal reserve side will probably be too good for us but why not fill the place with future Wednesdayites.

What better chance to get the next generation in the ground.

'Cashing in' on this one would be very short term thinking. Let's look long term, future fans. We may even convert a couple of glory hunting Sheffield based Arsenal fans with a spirited performance.

Or we get pounded and all the kids become arsenal fans.

This is what I would do, £35 on Kop and away fans. £40 on North and South and £10 discount for home ST and members, get those extra members in

Arsenal have Bayern in the CL the midweek before playing us, home to Everton on the Saturday before and the ever taxing trip to Swansea the following Saturday, then Bayern again midweek, think It's likely most of the top players would be rested against us, how strong is their second eleven?

Seriously Im out of this thread

like some one said previously its arguing for arguing sake

I personally think the categories are correctly priced just my opinion I think its been to cheap for far to long I also don't believe it will be A* game but if it is im willing to pay it

anyone who thinks it should be less than £20 is seriously not in touch with modern football or how the financial system works in football you cant run a club on £10 sit anywhere policy not if you want to be a top flight team and I know it is a cup game and a one off but it still contributes to the overall finances of the club

The people arguing for this I suspect still see us in an era that has long left us and is never coming back this is a result of 15 years of nothingness regarding interaction with premiership football weve never had a big draw or a cup run with the exception of 2 3rd division promotions

My first post in this thread was about people actually diving straight in to a thread about ticket prices an hour after a win against a premiership team and being drawn against a champions league team

PEOPLE you've got to enjoy the moment wait until the prices are announced before arguing and 2nd guessing them and letting it descend in to an argument, something I know im guilty of to

I know some people cant afford it I've been there myself no work/mortgage/family all these things contribute

So from now I will try to refrain from commenting on any ticket threads

this is embarrassing

This is Arsenal at home midweek in the cup this is what weve all wanted for 15 years our night back amongst it

All those at the start of the season who said I cant pay this every week, so at those prices I'll pick and choose well here you go pick it, you haven't paid it all season so pay it now

All those saying £15-£20 to fill the ground get a grip of yourselves did we need these prices against Wycombe/Palace etc to name but a few, we are not Rotherham playing in a 40k stadium we will get over 30k at any price against Arsenal

Those who genuinely cant afford it I feel for you I really do I've been in that position myself and hurts to have to give up on Wednesday for a period

Those who wont go out of principle then good for you but don't try to force your principles on others, if enough of you with same principles agree and stop going then it will be noticed against arsenal but I doubt that will be the case

Welcome to the real world of modern day football, its a business world not the tinpot local mismanagement of the last 15 years

I agree expecting £15-20 is ridiculous but don't agree we'd get over 30,000 "at any price" The A/A* prices would certainly rule this out, particularly if televised. In the next year or two, if we are playing a full strength Arsenal in a Premier League fixture then I have no doubt we'll get a complete sell out, even at £50-60.

Also, the two games highlighted were important, this one's just a bit of fun and a possible distraction.

UTO

FTB