RIP Ron Springett

Guest JohnFantham

Real Wednesday legend,he once borrowed my bike to ride to the training ground and got his autograph in 1966.RIP Ron and thanks for the memories.

Guest bagelybear

RS was my dads era and he said he was the best keeper hes ever seen in blue & white.

interesting that hes pictured collecting his world cup winners medal wearing a wednesday tie..or is it that he was an owl at the time?

either way its great to see.

sad loss RIP

RS was my dads era and he said he was the best keeper hes ever seen in blue & white.

interesting that hes pictured collecting his world cup winners medal wearing a wednesday tie..or is it that he was an owl at the time?

either way its great to see.

sad loss RIP

Great Spot ! 4 ever an Owl

_85524121_springett3_getty_zpshgfnc37c.j

RIP Ron. As others have said, without doubt the best keeper Wednesday have ever had. The first one I ever saw in a 1st Division game back in the 60s and in my mind never surpassed. Sincere condolences to his family. There will never be another as good.

Never saw him play, but an iconic name in the clubs history.

RIP Ron.

I'm sure the club will recognise this passing in the most appropriate fashion. May also be worth considering a similar tribute on here, by way of a 1 hour posting restriction?