RIP Ron Springett

Only Wednesday player with a World Cup medal!

There are too many minutes silences these days but Ron certainly HAS to have one.  And a minutes SILENCE please, not applause, so we can reflect, respect and honour a great goalkeeper. But for the almost superhuman Gordon Banks he would certainly have got more than his 33 caps.

Guest Charlton

I never saw him play but I have i spoken to many who did. A Wednesday legend is how most described him as well as a fabulous keeper!

A massve loss to all connected to SWFC.

Very sad news. A true legend in a time when players were not paid ridiculous amounts of money.

He will forever be remembered as Wednesday's greatest keeper and one of England's greatest ever keepers.

Ron deserves a fitting tribute, a minute's silence or applause and a stand or a statue or something in his honour too.

RIP

ronspringett_zps70ca9b02.jpgronspringett3_zps47a0342c.jpg

RIP - obviously way before my era but always known that he's referred to as our greatest ever keeper.

The club definitely needs to sort out a minutes silence for the Fulham game.

This.

Before my time too but any Wednesday fan worth their salt would know about him.

A REAL Wednesday legend.

RIP Ron.

All my heroes are leaving me. Big John Ritchie,then John Fantham and now Ron. These men and others like them shaped my life and made me a Wednesdayite.

Ron was the only keeper I've ever seen dive full length and catch the ball in one hand.

RIP another hero.