RIP Ron Springett

Lev Yashin and Gordon Banks were his only competitors for the worlds best Keeper Crown for a three year period 62-65 Ron Springett was certainly the best in the world IMO. Not only a great keeper but a true gent who loved Wednesday and West London in equal measure.

Condolences to all friends and Family especially Susie (daughter) who I got to know a little at QPR. RIP Ron you have unsurpassable legendary status my friend.

The 60+ Blue & White half of the city are shedding a few tears today in memory of your great legacy. Thanks Ron.    

Very sad news indeed.

Wednesday's finest ever goalkeeper.

Rest in peace Ron.

The greatest something I can say without hesitation, my boy hood hero and I had the pleasure of seeing him play, I used to stand directly behind the goals as as a small boy and watch his every move. A true legend, RIP.

He signed my 'long lost' autograph book way back in 1965, I was in such awe, his was the only autograph in that book, he was my hero, a true gentleman and in this age where pludits are handed out for fun, Ron Springett a true Wednesday and England legend, RIP Ron, your memory will live on forever