Burnley vs The Owls. Official Matchday Thread.

pauli

Lots of positives to take from that, two pieces of bad defending cost us but at least we looked like a team for the most part.

Well done to Atdhe for attempting to answer his critics......and to Bannan and Forestieri for good debuts, Fernando is going to be a star, his skill and energy lifted the whole team for an hour until he tired....well done lad.

Now hoping CC realises the Portugese trio need more time to adapt to championship football.....

honestly it did click today. loovens who was great got mugged, could have been a free kick, but shouldnt have let his man turn him. palmer fcked up at the end but was otherwise ok. why didnt we go with 2 wingers when we went 2-1 down, it was against the run of play and why were creating enough chances.

when they scored we panicked and rushed everything.

i'm not too cut up about today, theres enough positives to take out of it. yeah we should have got 3 points but ff and nuhiu look good together, bannan was great in the second half. hutchinson seemed to disappear at about 60 minutes.

palmer is gonna get dropped, but hopefully he'll learn from it. loovens is gonna know his mistake cost us a point.

pudil made a lot of things difficult for us and made a lot of mistakes.

i know he wasnt on the bench but imo bringing sougou on instead of joao would have caused burnley more problems.

referee was harsh on nuhiu and should have had a couple of burnley players in the book before bannan kicked out.

Burnley 3-1 Sheffield Wednesday (Nuhiu 20)

Possession: 45-55

Shots on target: 6-2

Shots off target: 6-11

Corners: 5-6

Fouls: 10-10

Yellow cards: 0-2

Red cards: 0-0

Wildsmith, Palmer, Lees, Loovens, Pudil, Lee, Hutchinson, Wallace (Matias 76), Forestieri, Bannan (Joao 81), Nuhiu. 

Subs not used: Price, Helan, Lopez, Semedo, Turner.  

Unlucky Wednesday.

Well done Burnley. 

Surprised Palmer doesn't get more stick on here.

I will say that this opinion is from abroad based on tv live games, highlights, youtube etc and the radio but from what I've seen he seems to have times when he sort of switches off.  It's more noticeable because he looks quite steady beforehand then he just "goes" for 10-20 mins. 

Not seen their two after 1-1 yet so this is based on previous games.

1. CC admitted they must improve at both ends of the pitch. Says they must correct their "defensive mistakes". #SWFC #starlive

0 retweets1 favorite

Retweet

Favorite

More

Carvalhal described that as Owls' best display of the season. "We'll win more matches if we carry on playing like that." #SWFC #starlive

5 retweets6 favorites

Retweet

Favorite

More

Owls boss @carloscarvalha2 told me: "I would have been upset if we had drawn the game. We created a lot of chances." #SWFC #starlive

1 retweet5 favorites

Retweet

Favorite

More

On #SWFC, Burnley boss Sean Dyche: "They have good technicians and a big targetmen (Nuhiu). He was a handful for them." #starlive

1. Lee Bullen retweeted Hely Hush

I agree, ALL their coaches agree.... The big man was excellent today. Has a good understanding building with FF

Lee Bullen added,

Hely Hush @Helyhush

@BullenFootball lots of positives today Adthe was awesome1f44f.png1f44f.png

0 retweets2 favorites

Retweet

Favorite

More

Needed to score when on the front foot.... If not, this league can punish you. Learn from it and move on to Bolton Tue

6 retweets14 favorites

Retweet

Favorite

More

Personally.... Don't think we deserved that today..... IMO... Support was unbelievable