Burnley vs The Owls. Official Matchday Thread.

pauli

Brilliant thread Pauli (although I haven't read it yet - not even checked if it's your thread).

Good morning fellas.

Just a word of warning, we shouldn't take Burnley lightly, they're a very good side.

Burnley 0 Owls 7 (Nuhiu 4, Wallace 3).

Getting a bit worried about our cautious start, I think the level of supporters' expectation is such that we ought to be pishing the league by now. If CC doesn't find a couple of wins in the next few games, with all this talent at his disposal (but no decent strikers), he could find himself under early pressure.

HMS PTL IX is still in the harbour with the captain smoking a spliff. Wake up captain!

Ps - only said the rubbish striker thing for popularity - I actually love Nuhiu and what he does. Go and blast them to pieces Adhte!!

Edited by theowlsman

Sat reading this whilst camping at Weobley castle down here in sunny S Wales (its peeing it down)...reyt views across the estuary and out to sea and of the Gower peninsula..off for a surf in a bit down Broughton Bay...the dogs just had a dump and our lass is snoring away...im about to move all her empty Lambrini bottles out of the van (classy!) and get a brew on....all points to a hard earned draw as Carlos gradually gets his ideal eleven together...Burnley 1-1 Sheffield Weobley 

Guest Darkus Owlus

3-1 loss.

Carlos carbonara, doing the usual arm windmills and pacing about.

Nothing is working whatsoever with this one man upfront formation. We're bloody awful.

SWFC team last year (finished 1-1):

Sheffield Wednesday: Chris Kirkland, Liam Palmer, Oguchi Onyewu, Glenn Loovens, Joe Mattock, Jaques Maghoma (Atdhe Nuhiu 68), Jose Semedo, Kieran Lee, Chris Maguire (Rhys McCabe 90+3), Connor Wickham, Caolan Lavery (Jeremy Helan 83). Subs not used: Damian Martinez, Stephen McPhail, Jermaine Johnson, Miguel Llera.

Burnley: Tom Heaton, Kieran Trippier, Michael Duff, Jason Shackell, Danny Lafferty, Keith Treacy (Ashley Barnes 82), Dean Marney, David Jones, Scott Arfield, Danny Ings, Sam Vokes. Subs not used: Alex Cisak, Kevin Long, David Edgar, Brian Stock, Junior Stanislas, Michael Kightly.

Morning boys and girls of the MGG also Eaton.

If you are gonna shag a granny today Eaton then I would think you might be in luck as they start at about 29 in and around Buunlehh.

Good venue, decent hunting ground with sexy football all around.

3-1 Wednesday

C'MON LADS...!

UTO

We seem to always do well at Burnley. We're due a performance and I can see Forristieri and Matias linking up extremely well. Would be daft to not play Wallace today against these I imagine he'll be right up for it.

I've got a good feeling about today so I'm gonna say 2-0 Wednesday with Nuhui and Wallace scoring.

Att: 20,320

Fantastic thread.

Would take a draw but we just don't know what this team is capable of yet.

With the best keeper in the league back in net, one of Loovens or Turner taking the burden of captaincy off young Lees' shoulders, a more settled left back in Pudil & extra creative power in Bannan & Forestieri.

Would take a draw but we're capable of going out there & battering them.

We're also capable of taking a battering ourselves.

roger knows.