Millions

We've spent millions I tell thee and it feels great.

But do you feel just a little bit dirty?

Hope we never end up like Man City fans moaning about the performance against Barcelona and the like, and avoiding quarter finals of domestic cups because the fixtures aren't sexy enough

If we win the premier league every other season, and competed in Europe, people would still moan just as much.

The problems would be different, but most people wouldn't be much happier. You just have to listen to fans of the top four clubs to realise that really, it's not about how good your club is, it's about your outlook on life.

Manchester City scared me when I went to watch us there last season.

It didn't feel like a football match. It felt very sanitised & corporate and...not natural.

Whilst I want to get out of this shitty league I also don't want to go too over to the dark side.

But then again, you just get used to it don't you?

...there's always, at the least, a little bit of 'dirt' around any large amount of money ... no avoiding it ... embrace the little bit of 'dirty pretty things' ... and enjoy the ride... 

Edited by Freshfish

Really don't think that will happen in my life time. Football used to be great, various different teams having a pop at the old 1st division, sadly now it's a complete monopoly. I personally blame sky for ripping the soul out what was once a working mans passion.

Fair play to the new owner, I love the fact that he has bought into us and is not shy of taking a risk. I don't think that will result in us being a city, at best we could probably replicate Southampton, Everton etc. I personally can't ever see us being a media darling like the rest of the plastic clubs in front of us - just my opinion like!

I live away from sheff now, I watch games with plastic Man U and Liverpool fans who know feck all football and supporting a team but I know where I always stand!

Ps meant to say, I don't think we have anything to moan about, we are light years away from the dark days and those piggy lobbers - that's all that matters!

Edited by sdewsna

Really don't think that will happen in my life time. Football used to be great, various different teams having a pop at the old 1st division, sadly now it's a complete monopoly. I personally blame sky for ripping the soul out what was once a working mans passion.

Fair play to the new owner, I love the fact that he has bought into us and is not shy of taking a risk. I don't think that will result in us being a city, at best we could probably replicate Southampton, Everton etc. I personally can't ever see us being a media darling like the rest of the plastic clubs in front of us - just my opinion like!

I live away from sheff now, I watch games with plastic Man U and Liverpool fans who know feck all football and supporting a team but I know where I always stand!

Football's a funny old game...

333foe8.jpg

Manchester City scared me when I went to watch us there last season.

It didn't feel like a football match. It felt very sanitised & corporate and...not natural.

Whilst I want to get out of this shitty league I also don't want to go too over to the dark side.

But then again, you just get used to it don't you?

Felt exactly the same.

For me it feels great knowing that although some of the squad are loanees, they won't be heading straight off as soon as we've got them fit or in form again.

We also have a much stronger core of our own players who have potential to develop, rather than old journeymen or athletes without an ounce of footballing ability.

This season will be a bumpy ride integrating all these new players and finding a system, but at least we know what we are dealing with.

We had a system last year which used athletes and journeymen and it got us to a decent position. I would have liked to see us continue with the same system but with some better players and seen where that would take us. I know it was mind numbingly boring but that was because of the players available.

OK DC decided he didn't want to do that but now we have better players and are searching for a system. The one thing we aren't doing is playing exciting attacking football.

I'm sure it will all come good eventually but I hope we don't become one of those clubs who constantly change manager.