Official Loan Window Transfer Rumours Mega Thread

I'm with you Trev, I'm sticking with my gut and earlier thought of Grabban

I might be wrong but didn't Norwich reject Bourremouth's £7m bid for Grabban because they hadn't got in a replacement? Otherwise £7m would have been a decent offer.

I posted this in the other thread but below are probably players that would be available for loan if the clubs were offered a good fee/wage, ala Reading+Vydra

Arsenal

Joel Campbell

Alex Iwobi

Man city

Kelechi Iheanacho

C Palace

F Campbell

D Gayle

Leicester

L Ulloa

Andrej Kramarić

Swansea

Michu

M Emnes

Man Utd

J Wilson

Liverpool

J Sinclair

D Origi

Bournemouth

Yann Kermorgant

T Rantie

Aston Villa

L Kozak

Norwich

G Hooper

WBA

V Anichebe

Stoke City

Peter Odemwingie

Peter Crouch

Newcastle

G Obertan

E Rivière

Sunderland

D Graham

Guest wilyfox

If Norwich turned down a 7mil bid for Grabban from Bournemouth, it's highly unlikely we'd get him on loan. Ulloa would be a non-starter as well. Realistically, Kermorgant, but if he's not up for moving north then any deal may be scuppered. Just go and get Cole on a 1yr deal. Bung him a million; cheaper than Hooper and better at leading the line. Job done.

I might be wrong but didn't Norwich reject Bourremouth's £7m bid for Grabban because they hadn't got in a replacement? Otherwise £7m would have been a decent offer.

Wasn't that all before his hissy fit and they got those other strikers in though? Id be surprised if he has much chance of playing doe them again to be honest, but who knows!

Cameron Jerome hasn't been playing well of late, might be worth a cheeky loan bid? lol

If Norwich turned down a 7mil bid for Grabban from Bournemouth, it's highly unlikely we'd get him on loan. Ulloa would be a non-starter as well. Realistically, Kermorgant, but if he's not up for moving north then any deal may be scuppered. Just go and get Cole on a 1yr deal. Bung him a million; cheaper than Hooper and better at leading the line. Job done.

But they may be willing to to short term loan with 24 hour recall

Guest wilyfox

But they may be willing to to short term loan with 24 hour recall

And the way Grabban is behaving, you think he'd play along with that? I'm surprised they didn't sell him back to Bournemouth. They'd have doubled their money and rid themselves of an ongoing saga. Could have put the whole thing to bed.

It's still a bit annoying that we've had all summer to sort this out, and apparently the resources, and we still weren't able to find a striker willing to come here. Having said that, I'm delighted to have signed the promising Joao, who might be our long term solution, but perhaps we shouldn't have wasted so much time looking for a ready made championship goalscorer. We either, weren't prepared for what they might cost, or the players themselves didn't fancy joining us. Think we'd have been better pursuing targets overseas, where we could of found plenty of decent strikers for a fraction of the cost of Rhodes or McCormack. Now that overseas option has been ruled out, and we are certainly not going to tempt a quality striker here on loan, we just have to find an OK stop gap who can hold the fort until Joao is ready.

Guest wilyfox

Sounds as though we tried hard for Hooper and Jones. It's an experienced line-leader that we need, not another kid or foreign import. Would be happy with any of Cole, Vaz Te, Ameobi or Kermorgant.

Guest wilyfox

Yes, I'm with you Wily. We need experience up there. I would have liked the lad from Norwich, but after Hoopergate I can't see him coming now.

If he goes anywhere, Fulham seem most likely to get him now. That ship has sailed for us.

I don't think we'll have anyone lined up. Reckon people hoping for someone in before Burnley will be disappointed. There's usually a cooling off period after the deadline where people go with what they've got and evaluate what's still needed. I don't think proven forwards will soon be available. The emergency window is for kids and those who fall out of favour down the line.

Edited by wilyfox