2 million price tag for May.

May will do better with regular games and will score some goals for Preston if he does play regularly and as usual people on here will use every goal as a stick to beat the club with.

He did nothing in his time with us to increase his value and getting our money back with add ons is a decent deal.

From our perspective if we have ambition to get promoted he is not that standard so the move is best for everyone

That fee is nothing in today's market.

Not exactly talked ourselves into a good deal there.

Why?

We got our money back and flicked all the risk we took on him proving himself at this level to Preston

If he does, he does but I saw nothing to think he will perform consistently in the championship

Like a spaniel chasing a tennis ball

I think it's a fair deal.

May hasn't set the world alight - ignoring the poor service last season or lack of game time this season. I believe we've upped our game in terms of transfer recruitment and he's the first casualty of it.

I wanted him to do well, more so because of the fee we paid for him, but it just hasn't worked out.  

Good luck to the lad.

Why?

We got our money back and flicked all the risk we took on him proving himself at this level to Preston

If he does, he does but I saw nothing to think he will perform consistently in the championship

Like a spaniel chasing a tennis ball

Under a million quid for a 22 year old Scottish international who 12 months ago was scoring in the Europa League, with 3 years still left on his contract.

I think we've sold ourselves well short