2 million price tag for May.

As I said earlier, and confirmed by Howson now, the fee agreed is 'much less' than the fee we said we were after.

I'm hoping the same scenario will materialize for Rhodes and we'll get him for much less than Blackburn have publically said they want for him - lets face it, they need to sell him today to someone.

Unless he somehow acquires pace and strength he'll never be more than a very average striker in this division.

He has strength but Big Dave has always been given preferential treatment for a reason unknown to many.  May will flourish in a side that puts balls in the channels and across the 6 yard box which we didn't do last year.

Seriously though, it's not about what he did last year. If he even got close to his form in Scotland, if somebody got say 15 goals out of him at this level at his age, his value could easily go up 3-4 times.

It's an expensive lottery ticket, but we don't need to sell.

the only issue is that based on what i've seen, there is no chance May will bang in many goals .. better off plying his trade and developing elsewhere

He didn't really do enough last season for us to expect much on top of 750K so £800K not so bad.

Agreed he probably didn't get much of a chance here but we can do better now and there is no point in him sitting on the bench.

Can see him getting a similar amount of goals for Preston as he did for us TBH