Forestieri Signs - OFFICIAL

You're right that i think some don't realise just how good he can be

I'm gonna go out on a limb here and leave myself wide open to the thread bumpers - but if this guy has head on right then we have signed by some distance the best player we have owned since the premier league days

I described him yesterday as like letting off a hand grenade in the opposition defence - he can be unplayable

I remember going to games in the 90's and no matter who we were playing i always felt we could win the game - because of a certain young Mr Hirst

I think Wednesday fans can feel similarly about this guy - even when winning games seem to be miles away from us - he can make things happen from absolutely nothing

I do have a couple of caveats but i just wanna bask in the enormous positives of us signing this guy

This is the real deal - 100%

Great assessment Scram.

Cheers

Guest Darkus Owlus

I'm gonna go out on a limb here and leave myself wide open to the thread bumpers - but if this guy has head on right then we have signed by some distance the best player we have owned since the premier league days

I described him yesterday as like letting off a hand grenade in the opposition defence - he can be unplayable

I remember going to games in the 90's and no matter who we were playing i always felt we could win the game - because of a certain young Mr Hirst

I think Wednesday fans can feel similarly about this guy - even when winning games seem to be miles away from us - he can make things happen from absolutely nothing

I do have a couple of caveats but i just wanna bask in the enormous positives of us signing this guy

Quality post, plus 10.

(B0llocks I can't plus on iPad).

Edited by Darkus Owlus

Oh Me, Oh My

Fernando Forestieri career record

Robur Siena 

Apps 21

Goals 2

Genoa

Apps 1

Goals 1 

Vicenza

Apps 19

Goals 5

Malaga

Apps 19

Goals 1

Empoli

Apps 19

Goals 3

Bari 1908

Apps 28

Goals 2

Udinese

Apps 0

Goals 0

Watford

Apps 83

Goals 20

Italy U'17

Apps 8

Goals 5

Italy U'19

Apps 14

Goals 4

Italy U'20

Apps 2

Goals 0

Italy U'21

Apps 2

Goals 0

Welcome to Hillsborough and good luck Fernando Forestieri. 

Good Championship player that will become a top Championship player. 

Based upon the reputation that Forestieri has earned himself and albeit the few times I have seen him play, I believe that this is the biggest signing we have made in the last 15 to 18 years. I still can't believe we've signed him.

We've must build the team around him now. Everyone should dance to his tune in the same way that Man Utd did with Cantona, Arsenal did with Henry, Real Madrid do with Ronaldo and Barca do with Messi. That's how we can win promotion.

Also, I must add that he could be the player that attracts other quality forwards. For example (and only that), I would imagine Rhodes would love to play alongside Forestieri and have the majority of his goal scoring chances "laid on a plate".

Edited by shandypants

Guest UpTheOwlsss

We can afford a player like him easily

with semedo lee Wallace sougou behind him who are all solid and hardworking we need a flair player

Solid defence with turner lees Palmer Pudil

Goalscorer

So happy with this signing. I'd have been delighted to get him on loan but this is fantastic.

Fair to say we've marvelled at a few of Watford's players when they've come to Hillsborough in recent seasons and Forestieri's probably the main one that seems to have stuck in the mind for us.

It's the kind of signing that has seemed a million miles away for a very long time.

I didn't really think we had a good chance of signing Vydra

I do now

With FF and his best mate Pudil here i can see him being tempted - my guess it would be an emergency loan though

If only we'd signed Toszer (as i advocated in the summer) - then if we did have those 2 i think we'd have a very strong claim to have the best team in the division

nevertheless - its getting closer...

Some comments from the Watford fans, looks like we've got ourselves a player boys and girls:

"A little legend. Hope he tears it up at SW and gets them promoted."

"I loved Fessi. This makes me sad. That is all."

"I refuse to accept his change of clubs. As far as I'm concerned he's a Watford player and I will be filing a complaint to the FA every time he plays for this Sheffield Wednesday outfit."

"I'm actually suffering from depression"

"Good luck Fernando, will always be looking out for your skills with SW."

"Promotion wasn't worth it"

"It hurts"

""While we've seen many players leave the club over the last few years, Fernando has undoubtedly been one of my favourite players of the modern Watford era. I loved watching him in a Watford shirt and, for me, he epitomised the exciting promise of our new owners back in the first Zola season.

I'm going to miss him and I hope he does well at Wednesday. He was instrumental in the infamous Leicester goal and has left us so many great memories, from skillful to comical. He may not be perfect, but he was wonderful to watch at his best.

Thanks, Fernando. Best of luck for the future...and watch out for snowdrifts."