OFFICIAL - Turner signs

Must admit to being a little underwhelmed  by this signing. I have argued for some time that we could do with a good, big, strong midfielder, but after the end of last season and the begining of this, think our MAIN concern is for a finisher. He can be big and crude as you like, so long as ever time the ball comes near him he doesn't do anything fancy except SCORE. One of our problems , I'm sure, is that we are trying to finish moves off with 'nice' goals. What we need is someone who will have a pop  any time. Goals scored from long range, or even Mattias' goal against Reading was one I can watch over and over again, but it's no better than someone bundling it over the goal line. They only count as ONE goal, and Goals mean Points.

Why do people always assume that because we've signed a defender it means we won't be signing a striker?

He's better than what we have, including Loovens, and unlike Loovens is available to play, he's a ready made captain with great experience which should also bring the best out of Lees.

It's a cracking signing

. I'm sure the same was said of Darren Purse and Martin Taylor.

Let's wait and see.

. I'm sure the same was said of Darren Purse and Martin Taylor.

Let's wait and see.

Fair enough, should remember to say "potentially" 

If he plays as well as everybody knows he can then it's a good bit of business 

Its not likei think this is a bad signing. Its just that with FFP, we need to manage our buget. We have players like Lachman, Dielna, May, Bus who are picking up a wage and arent going to play. We need to shift these players on if CC isnt going to play them. But we cant because they have 2/3 year contracts. It will be hard to get them off the books.

Look at Blackburn and Forestn we font want to end up like them after 1 season of silly spending. The way the committee is spending is worrying me. Im all for imoroving the squad, but with falling attendances, we cant afford to just throw money away on paying players who wont even play.

Lachman out of favour and Loovens looking injury

prone we needed an experienced, big centre back.

De Haviland was on the bench on Tuesday and without this signing might well have been against Boro.

Is Turner still the player he was. Hopefully yes

Its not likei think this is a bad signing. Its just that with FFP, we need to manage our buget. We have players like Lachman, Dielna, May, Bus who are picking up a wage and arent going to play. We need to shift these players on if CC isnt going to play them. But we cant because they have 2/3 year contracts. It will be hard to get them off the books.

Look at Blackburn and Forestn we font want to end up like them after 1 season of silly spending. The way the committee is spending is worrying me. Im all for imoroving the squad, but with falling attendances, we cant afford to just throw money away on paying players who wont even play.

You should email the club i reckon they should know about this FFP stuff .

Lachman out of favour and Loovens looking injury

prone we needed an experienced, big centre back.

De Haviland was on the bench on Tuesday and without this signing might well have been against Boro.

Is Turner still the player he was. Hopefully yes

Doesn't rhyme.