OFFICIAL - Turner signs

A Norwich support mate at work emailed this regarding Turner -

He's never been blessed with pace but not much gets past him in the air so he definitely has his uses. He scores the odd goal but in the Premier league he was always at risk of being turned by pacey players with a bit of skill - you know, the type of player that the Premiership is full of.

I can imagine opposing managers saying to the likes of Raheem Sterling and Eden Hazard, 'Keep the ball on the floor and run at Turner, you'll tie him in knots' and that, sadly, is what happened all too often at that level.

In the Championship he started last season alongside Russell Martin and did relatively well as the Canaries started the campaign like a train. I remember Robin Sainty commenting that Turner would soon be unable to get off the ground to head the ball, due to the number of opposing strikers that he had in his pockets - including Daryl Murphy!

Then though, it
all started to go wrong for Norwich in the autumn of 2014 and a series of nervous performances saw him dropped when Neil Adams reign came to an end and Alex Neil's started.

His last appearance in a Norwich City shirt was in the same game as we last saw Carlos Cuellar. The two were used as a pairing when injury struck and Steven Whittaker was infamously asked to play central midfield against Brentford in late January at Carrow Road. Russell Martin moved across to right back and it was carnage as Cuellar and Turner didn't speak to each other throughout the game and basically helped
end each other's City careers.

They were both terrible that day and Turner's distribution sticks in my mind as appalling from that game. Late on I remember him on the left, under no pressure, attempt to play a long ball forwards with his left (wrong) foot and just shank it out of the ground and onto Carrow Road.

Alex Neil turned away in frustration and I swore that
Turner should never play for us again. A couple of weeks later, with Seb Bassong back in the fold, Turner was loaned to Fulham and by all accounts he did okay, scoring a goal in the Cottager's 4-3 win over Middlesbrough to make sure 'Boro ended up in the play-offs.

Read more:
http://www.norwich.vitalfootball.co.uk/article.asp?a=402710#ixzz3k1Ob58aQ

Pointless signing. Waste of money, we need a striker not CB not AM a ST.

Why do people always assume that because we've signed a defender it means we won't be signing a striker? 

He's better than what we have, including Loovens, and unlike Loovens is available to play, he's a ready made captain with great experience which should also bring the best out of Lees. 

It's a cracking signing

Lachman "should" have been better than what we already had when we signed him...oh but wait...he's not even been given a chance to prove himself.

Is that not what training is for?

Why play someone who us a bag of poop in training. Not saying he is though.