Goodbye Stevie May

When he came here I hoped for big things. He was scoring for fun in Scotland and we really needed a decent goal scorer. I couldn't have been more optimistic.

I thought he was full of energy and had a lot of potential;

I still think he will come good but not here. We have changed the way we want to play and he doesn't fit the new system. The new manager doesn't fancy him.

It's a shame but that is football.

Stevie, if you do go, I wish you all the best for the future.

When he came here I hoped for big things. He was scoring for fun in Scotland and we really needed a decent goal scorer. I couldn't have been more optimistic.

I thought he was full of energy and had a lot of potential;

I still think he will come good but not here. We have changed the way we want to play and he doesn't fit the new system. The new manager doesn't fancy him.

It's a shame but that is football.

Stevie, if you do go, I wish you all the best for the future.

Well said. 

Loan him to a championship club until xmas. If he's pants, get rid. If he does well, extend the loan and look to recoup some of our 800 k outlay at end of season. Either way, with our prem intentions he ain't going to cut it.

If we do offload, would prefer him go out on loan for a full season to another Championship club, where he will get plenty of games and no doubt play in a more familiar 442.  

He he then goes on to score 15 plus goals, it would definitely put us in great position come next summer.  

He needs more games at Championship level. 

Think he will come good in time, whether it is with us or another club, who knows.

If we do offload, would prefer him go out on loan for a full season to another Championship club, where he will get plenty of games and no doubt play in a more familiar 442.  

He he then goes on to score 15 plus goals, it would definitely put us in great position come next summer.  

He needs more games at Championship level. 

Think he will come good in time, whether it is with us or another club, who knows.

I agree. Giving him more time to prove himself at Championship level seems to be the only way we'll get our money back or perhaps even turn a profit on him in the long run. It's not as if we urgently need rid of him, so if someone is willing to pay his wages for a year, we've nothing to lose by loaning him out. It would be a shame to give up on him completely.

If we was to get our money back then fair enough but if he could go out on a season long loan to a L1 club, personally this would probably help him more imo, Walsall would be ideal if they lose highly rated Bradshaw. 

Edited by TaxiMark

Guest GlasgowSaint

Not strong enough ... Simple as. Shows the gulf between SPL and English lower leagues. Not Stuart Grays signing also.

Does it? Plenty of successful Championship strikers didn't cut it in the SPL.

Darryl Murphy was utterly horrendous for Celtic. Scored about 3 in a season. Does that mean the SPL is better than the championship because Murphy hit 25+ goals there?

Of course not because that sort of logic is just overly simple and to be frank, overly stupid.

Lets just say the Championship is overhyped and Scottish football is underhyped. The truth is always somewhere in between.

Stevie May will come good. He played up top for a team that created very few chances. He still scored 8 and was unlucky a few times. He'd easily hit 12-15 goals for someone. Is that good enough? Maybe.

One thing I'd say about May is when his confidence is high he's an instinctive finisher. He's never had a bad scoring spell before and he'll learn from it. The fact is, he's only young and had plenty of time to succeed.

Loan him.

Guest GlasgowSaint

And if you think you're getting a good signing in Hooper good luck to you.

Lazy bugger who spends most of the game offside and needs 5 or 6 chances a game to score. Ask any Celtic fan.

Does it? Plenty of successful Championship strikers didn't cut it in the SPL.

Darryl Murphy was utterly horrendous for Celtic. Scored about 3 in a season. Does that mean the SPL is better than the championship because Murphy hit 25+ goals there?

Of course not because that sort of logic is just overly simple and to be frank, overly stupid.

Lets just say the Championship is overhyped and Scottish football is underhyped. The truth is always somewhere in between.

Stevie May will come good. He played up top for a team that created very few chances. He still scored 8 and was unlucky a few times. He'd easily hit 12-15 goals for someone. Is that good enough? Maybe.

One thing I'd say about May is when his confidence is high he's an instinctive finisher. He's never had a bad scoring spell before and he'll learn from it. The fact is, he's only young and had plenty of time to succeed.

Loan him.

instinctive finishers can generally hit a ball quite cleanly and score one on ones. Stevie proved last year he couldn't either with any consistency. He needs to work very hard if he's going to make it anywhere.

Loan him to a championship club until xmas. If he's pants, get rid. If he does well, extend the loan and look to recoup some of our 800 k outlay at end of season. Either way, with our prem intentions he ain't going to cut it.

This!

Also applies to several others too.