Goodbye Stevie May

Did anybody else sing the title of the thread to candle in the wind?

Haha, I was going to change the lyrics but I don't think I need to:

Goodbye Stevie May

Though I never knew you at all

You had the grace to hold yourself

While those around you crawled

They crawled out of the woodwork

And they whispered into your brain

They set you on the treadmill

And they made you change your name

Haha, I was going to change the lyrics but I don't think I need to:

Goodbye Stevie May

Though I never knew you at all

You had the grace to hold yourself

While those around you crawled

They crawled out of the woodwork

And they whispered into your brain

They set you on the treadmill

And they made you change your name

lol

Shame but no room for passengers on our rocket ship to the promised land.

Best of luck to him.

I've been to every game and the fact we've started with a certain lump of wood up front in the last few games proves your statement wrong iam afraid

Because if he goes to another championship team and scores 20 goals he will be worth much more than Antonio

IF! Antonio score more and assisted loads playing disinterested for us on the wing.

He's then gone on to have an even bigger impact at Forest!

Stevie May has done jack chit in English football so to suggest he could hit 20 for another championship club and to compare him to Antonio is laughable, not on the same planet let alone league.

I've been to every game and the fact we've started with a certain lump of wood up front in the last few games proves your statement wrong iam afraid

You have a point. To be fair CC has already played Joao ahead of him and we are clearly desperate to sign another striker at least, so I think it's safe to say Nuhiu's days are numbered.

Yes adamwestsleftear, Nuhiu's days are numbered lol

Sold one of our best prospects in Antonio to get Stevie May in.  Now we are offloading May as well.  

Great bit of business that.  :ph34r:

Hindsight is a wonderful thing...

Antonio wanted out so not a lot we could do and I think a lot of us thought May was worth a punt.

I know its easy to qualify your comments..."Just in case" he actually goes somewhere else and clicks...but for whatever reason it didn't work here, and in all honesty rarely showe d signs of working

Pity...but it happens..Good luck Stevie.....(Unless it is Rotherham ..then I hope you carry on the same for a bit longer)

Would rather get him loaned out to a Championship club.

Not many players have scored as many in one season in the Scottish top flight as May, regardless of the standard - the SPL has had a lot of quality strikers over the years. Scored in the Europa League too just before he signed for us.

Remember he was pretty unlucky in front of goal a fair few times last season too - must have hit to wood work at least half a dozen occasions; the effort that hit the bar and then post against Huddersfield springs to mind.

Our midfield last season lacked creativity and width, starving our strikers of chances. That usually results in strikers snatching at the odd chance tat does come their way.

May also joined us during the season, missing out on a pre-season with his new team mates. Not forgetting joining a new league in another country.

This