Goodbye Stevie May

Stevie May could be the next Jordan Rhodes if he gets a run in the team.

Players get better with better players around them, and with better service.

With the flair players in the team now, he and Nuhiu could strike up a good partnership.

What do people base this on?

We saw him play plenty last year and he did nothing to suggest to me at least he has the qualities required to be a top goal scorer.  He doesn't have great pace and he is far from clinical.  Yes he makes some good moves but nothing world beating.  He struggled to get in the first team at times last season and clearly CC hasn't seen anything from him that suggests he's good enough this season.

That's more than good enough for me.  

If we can get some cash for him and get him off the wage bill then good luck to him.

Just not bothered...

At 22 with 3 years left on his contract, we really should be loaning him out.

Perfect situation would be for him to go to a L1 team, score 25+ goals and prevent the blunts from getting promoted. He'd be worth at least £1m in today's market if he ripped L1 apart. 

Edited by kristmace

Guest WESTENDOWL

The Scotland international only signed for the Owls last summer from Scottish side St. Johnstone, and netted seven goals in 39 appearances in a low scoring year at Hillsbrough.

He now looks to be on the verge of a loan deal to Forest, providing that Wednesday can complete a £6 million deal to sign Watford striker Matej Vydra.

Loan rather than a full transfer please.

What's it matter? Our target is promotion. We're signing players to get us promoted. Unfortunately for May, that means he's done because he's not going to be premiership level and if CC and team thought he could aid our bid for promotion he'd have been included already.

I appreciate people want him to do well but we've moved on.