How the hell is Tango going to go in disguise?!   Imagine him as some sort of wigged-up Pantomime Dame (actually - I could).

It takes all sorts in life, it's a shame as life is all about characters and personalities and he brings a smile to most folk's faces.  Something pretty serious must have happened at some point for him to be banned.  I'd like to know on what authority they've done this, a temporary "banning order"?   They've been to court then?

Seems pretty harsh to me, but then maybe we're speculating without knowing the facts.

Standing up at away grounds is the norm. Stewards understand it and can't enforce the 'no standing' rule when there's thousands of people breaking it in one place.

Where Tango goes wrong is that he draws attention to himself, doesn't watch the match really & winds other fans up.

That's why he's kicked out and been banned. 

Can't really blame Ipswich or any other stadium that bans him.

If I took my top off and spent the match winding home supporters up I'd also be kicked out. People aren't picking on Tango specifically...just picking on ones breaking the rules and making a show of themselves in the process.

Tango is a nice bloke & harmless. But stewards have procedures to follow and Tango makes himself stick out like a sore thumb.

He's not been banned for just standing at an away game.

This is a great idea +1 from me

He's basically just a harmless guy asking for trouble. That's how I see him. Never seen him do anything wrong specifically, but I understand why Stewards probably feel uneasy about him. He does pretty much look like a "Football Hooligan", even if he isn't one. People are scared of big topless guys making a lot of noise.

How can a fat bloke with his top off look like a football hooligan. Surely if he was wearing a stone island jumper, burberry scared round his face and a cap he'd look more like a hooligan

Was sat near him inthe second half against st Mirren. Was interesting at the end, he left a few minutes early and made a point of saying goodbye to the disables supporters before wheeling weenie out which I thought was a nice touch. However, his fan club were cringe worthy: he shook hands as he left (fine), but as he was walking off down the ramp one of them felt the need to shout over to him, making sure everyone could see before shouting 'see you tang'.

He then had a final look about to make sure everyone knew he knew tango, before sitting down with a look of pride akin to a school girl at a one direction concert who had been blown a kiss by the lead singer.

This, is entourage are far more embarrassing than tango himself

His groupies are the worst.

Some reckon they are hanging with royalty.

Nah, just a morbidly obese fan.

And one who without doubt goes to more games than you, and probably has more passion for his team than you.

How is that relevant?

Are his cronnies worse? yes

Do they think hes royalty? Yes

Is he obese? Yes

Someone just told me Tango is still going to Ipswich even though he isn't allowed in.

Think this is a bit much but its a free country I guess.

I'm sure I recall him standing outside of Oakwell many years ago having been refused entry or ejected? Was a night match I believe.

Dissapointing from Ipswich. Essentially he is just an very enthusiastic supporter whos commitment to following the club is unrivaled, not only at Wednesday but alomst anywhere. Banning him could set a worrying trend amongst other clubs. Just ask him to leave his shirt on if this is the problem.

I'm sure I recall him standing outside of Oakwell many years ago having been refused entry or ejected? Was a night match I believe.

Dissapointing from Ipswich. Essentially he is just an very enthusiastic supporter whos commitment to following the club is unrivaled, not only at Wednesday but alomst anywhere. Banning him could set a worrying trend amongst other clubs. Just ask him to leave his shirt on if this is the problem.

He did. Only a few years ago. Everyone could hear him singing while outside 

Paul is a nice genuine bloke, lives for football and that's why he does what he does. 

He might get carried away the odd time, but it doesn't make him a bad person.

I've just eaten two pot noodles for my lunch, it should make me a bad person, but it won't do. 

He did. Only a few years ago. Everyone could hear him singing while outside 

Paul is a nice genuine bloke, lives for football and that's why he does what he does. 

He might get carried away the odd time, but it doesn't make him a bad person.

I've just eaten two pot noodles for my lunch, it should make me a bad person, but it won't do. 

as long as you weren't topless

I was ejected twice from the same match at west brom in the 80's.......am I too late for any help from the club?

Was that the 2-2 in early 84? got turfed out for no good reason myself, mind you I only missed their goals, got back in to see at least on of ours - so I probably don't have any good grounds to complain lol

I've never had a problem with him and he follows us everywhere here and abroad, competitive match or friendly - that is some serious commitment, particularly when he travels from Wolverhampton and doesn't live on the doorstep of S6.

I love characters in football - they add to the atmosphere and I'll never forget the night game at Southampton about 8 years ago when they had an even bigger guy and they were introduced to each other at half time and shook hands at the corner flag.

It will be a shame if we have to sit down and shut up at away games and bans like this, without a court order are ridiculous. My son got ejected from Ipswich for standing on the back row of the lower tier a few years ago - so they do seem to be overzealous. Perhaps we should eject/ban all their fans for standing at Hillsborough after a 200 mile journey - how silly. And I bet if you asked most away supporters they would probably say they enjoy people like Tango, even if they might think he's a bit odd. it's not a library.