The Owls vs Mansfield Town. Official Matchday Thread

Good work.

I expect both Wednesday and Pauli to keep the run going with a convincing win tonight.

Think the spine will be the same but a few fringe players to get a run about.

Love the Cups

COME ON WEDNESDAY

Edited by Lord Snooty

Apart from the 1946 games I've been to all those!  Lived near Mansfield in the 60's/70's and used to go to Field Mill a lot with mates (I was there when they knocked West Ham, Moore, Peters, Hurst etc, out of the FA Cup).  Away days at Mansfield were brilliant, the whole town was full of Wednesdayites and I wanted them away in this round.

Upgraded to the SouthStand tonight roughly in the same place I sat in the uncovered seats for the 4-0.

I went to the game back in 1967 as well. Sat in the North with my dad.....we had Gary Scothorn in goal that day making his debut.....only 16 years old I think. Imagine that.....49,000 for a cup tie against a League 2 outfit.

Also well remember that game at Field Mill in Jan 1977....evening game. I think we were about 5th in the Third Division and on a good run. Have this recollection of Tommy Tynan hitting this fantastic half volley in the net in the pre-match warm up and he had the chance to do something similar in the match and it finished up out of the ground. Typical Wednesday.....conceded a last minute winner.

My God, how times have changed.

First match of the season for me (and the Mrs), working for the NHS I have no idea when our next match will be, so hopeing for a 4-0+

Come on Wednesday, do us proud

Nostalgia ah nostalgia, went to one of the away games in Div 3 . 11Jan1977 lost 0-2. Cannot remember the match but the journey there sticks well in my memory. :wacko:

Went on a coach with Oughtibridge branch and as soon as we pulled off the M1 and we were in the deep cutting at Doe Lea the traffic was  bad and we ground to a haltjust at the top of the cutting when out of the darkness came a shower of bricks  and three of the windows went bang, glass everywhere and a very cold journey back :rolleyes: .

If yer tell em terday they wont believe yer :biggrin:

Our League record v Mansfield is woeful

Played 8.  Won 0. Drawn 4. Lost 4.  F3 A10.

Just as well its a cup game, where we've done well against them.

Wouldn't count any chickens tonight though.  Remember going to watch Wrexham in the league cup a while back, at Hillsboro, thinking we'd see some goals.

We did indeed.  Wrexham won 4-1, deservedly so.   We need a cup run.  No semi-finals since 2001.