Just a marquee striker

With today's two new arrivals were more or less set up for the season.

Massive squad plenty of potential although I do think we'll struggle at first and grow into this league.

I would just like a marquee striker who has scored goals in this league and were set for a positive season I feel where depending on how long it takes to gel we could make a late push for a playoff spot.

Jones would be the striker for me. Anyone else agree?

JUST...

The point is, do we need to wait and see? We had a similar situation at full back, where youngsters Palmer and Vemijl, two inexperienced lads, had quite frankly made a decent fist of their right back duties, or perhaps in Vermijls case, hadn't had the opportunities. But we decided to upgrade anyway, and brought in Hunt. He offers experience, and he's good at getting forward, generally nearer the finished product than Palmer and Vermijl. We didn't wait and see then, so why do we have to wait and see with the strikers? We need someone who is an upgrade on what we've seen so far, or someone who offers something different. There's no need to wait, if there's someone out there who fits the bill.

Not the point at all.

The point was that last season we had a midfield that simply did not create sufficient chances for any striker to really thrive. Tactics were defend in depth and if possible hit on the counter - even at home. Those tactics put additional pressure on the strikers because they knew that chances would be very limited.

This season we have completely overhauled the midfield and changed tactics to suit. Whoever the strikers are they are likely to get twice as many chances as last season, therefore what we already have may be more than enough.

I am not against getting someone else in, but comparing say Nugent, Jones, Murray or Hooper in an attacking set up against May, Nuhiu and Lavery in a defensive set up is not going to give the true picture or be a fair reflection on those players is it?

Well it looks like we ain't signing anyone, so we'll see what happens tomorrow. We should win comfortably against them tomorrow, and hopefully the front men will bag a few goals. One things for sure, there can be no more excuses now