Just a marquee striker

Obviously DC had budgeted for a striker.

But was the budget Joao, or is it £5million etc?

Maybe the strikers we have deserve a chance... but you'd think that if they've scored a total of 1 goal in 5 games etc then DC will definitely want it sorted then.

One thing certain. Nuhiu doesn't read Owlstalk! He appears to adore the fans, but anyone reading the bile being written about him on here, where every post, no matter what, turns into a 'Nuhiu is Crap, Rubbish etc.' thread, would have been running the carpet down outside Chansiri's office, demanding a transfer. Why would the leading striker of last season put up with such vitriol?

Guest wilyfox

Don't get the Gayle love in. Good finisher, but he doesn't fit into a 433 as a central striker. Just a much better version of Lavery.

Gayle would fit a 4-3-3 seamlessly, on the left or right side. Was my dream signing for this summer. Never gonna happen, but I'd happily sacrifice a new proven central striker to get him in instead. He's a potent mix of creative and scoring ability.

Gayle would fit a 4-3-3 seamlessly, on the left or right side. Was my dream signing for this summer. Never gonna happen, but I'd happily sacrifice a new proven central striker to get him in instead. He's a potent mix of creative and scoring ability.

Yep, and another I'd sacrifice the proven central striker for would be, a loan for James Wilson. Goes against all I've said about needing a certain type of striker, but again, his special talent outweighs any shortcomings

Guest wilyfox

The thought of Nuhiu starting in two days time still makes me cringe. I concede it's likely to happen, and like I've said before he does tend to start seasons quite well. But still, I had him down as a squad player for this season - not a starter from the first whistle.

A proven championship striker will probably cost between 5-7 million, Cc doesn't seem to want to spend that amount on one player shame really because that could make all the difference.

It won't be his decision, it will be MrChansiri's

I know DC doesn't owe us anything and we should be grateful for all he has done in the short time he has been here but it would be a nice touch if he saved one last big signing till last, I also think it will justify his decision to increase ticket prices.

Edited by Blue and white

The thought of Nuhiu starting in two days time still makes me cringe. I concede it's likely to happen, and like I've said before he does tend to start seasons quite well. But still, I had him down as a squad player for this season - not a starter from the first whistle.

I feel like we're going for a round of golf with a nice expensive quality Callaway set, but using a cheap Dunlop driver

Edited by IstillhateSteveBould