Just a marquee striker

this is getting ridiculous now, we're coming across as well organised and professional and have a good looking decent sized squad.

i almost wouldn't feel right if we brought in a striker or two as well now but even so i'm pretty confident we're gonna get atleast one more in on loan.

well done the committee, dropped a lot of players with enough time for them to find new teams and have at least on paper brought in improvements on what we had. i'm excited for saturday.

Most of the players that have come in have played at a higher level or come with good reputations.

Might not be the bees knees but they seem on paper to be decent quality.

There's no doubt we have improved the squad although time will tell if weve strengthened it enough for promotion.

But till we know they are crap lets just assume they aren't :-D

Not bothered about a marquee signing. Don't care if we sign a complete unknown so long as he can do the business. In fact would much rather have an upcoming youngster on the way up than an ageing former PL player on the way down.

Impressed with the signings so far let's hope they look as good come October.

Remember when Dave Allen and Chris Turner put together that fantastic league one side with Whelan , Simek , McGovern , MaClean and Bullet in it ?

We lost 3-0 at home on the opening day , but it was still the best squad in the division

Think we might have the same kind of season .

It's not like we've prized away any assets who were star performers for their club (Matias aside). Still don't think we'll be close to the playoffs but will wait and see.

Neither were Westwood or lees though. That seems to have been a bit of a theme in recent years, look for the stragglers who have been almost forgotten at clubs playing at a better standard.

I think the jury is out on our continental centre backs though

Remember when Dave Allen and Chris Turner put together that fantastic league one side with Whelan , Simek , McGovern , MaClean and Bullet in it ?

We lost 3-0 at home on the opening day , but it was still the best squad in the division

If it ends the same way I'll take it!

Not bothered about a marquee signing. Don't care if we sign a complete unknown so long as he can do the business. In fact would much rather have an upcoming youngster on the way up than an ageing former PL player on the way down.

Impressed with the signings so far let's hope they look as good come October.

If we'd signed Bus in this transfer window rather than the last one do you think people would still be saying we need another striker?

Dave is one of the slowest people I have ever seen play the game but I think we will create more this season. This should provide more scoring opportunities for him and I think he will bag a decent tally - it's about confidence too and he has had a good pre season

The strikers were poor last season but they had to live off scraps for long periods, especially at home

Edited by Owlsofrustration

Dave is one of the slowest people I have ever seen play the game but I think we will create more this season. This should provide more scoring opportunities for him and I think he will bag a decent tally - it's about confidence too and he has had a good pre season

The strikers were poor last season but they had to live off scraps for long periods, especially at home

I think Nuhiu will be fine at home when we're enjoying more possession and territory, but away from home when we're probably creating less and we're looking for someone to get in behind the opposition I think we need a more mobile, pacey and clinical alternative. Edited by RUMBELOWS91

I haven't checked, but wasn't that a home game against Bournemouth? Wonder what happened to them?