Training Ground Improvements

None of us know what plans are in place short and long term for the training facilities, if any. Bottom line is you can't just wave a magic wand and it appears. The guys been here 2 minutes and people are comparing our training ground to Manchester City, bizarre.

Compare it to say Huddersfield or Barnsley. Dont bother comparing it to Derby because it will make you want to cry  :duntmatter:

Man city can justify having a training facility like that

We can't... I'd be happy with a few modern outdoor pitches, a couple of all weather pitches (4g) and a decent gym & rehab facility... Bare minimum for a championship team is say

I agree

Compare it to say Huddersfield or Barnsley. Dont bother comparing it to Derby because it will make you want to cry  :duntmatter:

Ive made a few deliveries to Oakwood and it blows your mind. The facilities are world class from the pitches to the medical centre and gym`s. Now idea how much Derby invested there but its top draw. 

The EIS does have world class facilities. And to be able to use them is great

I used spinning bikes as an example because I saw Palmer using one in a gym to aid his recovery/build fitness. It would make financial sense to make these available to our players. Our players should have a fully functioning gym available to them. That's basic at any football club at this level and above. I didn't say we had to hire someone to run spinning classes, though I'm sure we have enough fitness experts on board at the club qualified to run them. I just used spinning as an example. Having seen the gym for my own eyes...it's pretty grim. They've only recently purchased one of those anti-gravity treadmills, an absolute must for any team that includes a physiotherapy section.

I never said we need something to the scale of Manchester City, in fact I reiterated this point several times. What I'm saying is that we're so behind on most levels of our club. Our training ground hasn't even got the basics right for modern day football. Can't train on it when it rains, if it rains heavily the pitches are un-workable for a while. The dome is poo poo. Luckily that's being sorted.

If Chansiri's vision is to make us an all singing all dancing football club we need serious investment on and off the pitch. This is why I understand the prices. We're so far behind it's scary.

It's all in hand with the niagra purchase first of all. Chansiri hasn't been here that long, and before that we couldn't have afforded a set of bikes, never mind a full gym.

Thirdly, the EIS is a cracking facility, which homes Olympic athletes and has full medical and physio care available. makes complete sense that we use the best facility in the area instead of spending our transfer budget on one of our own.

I get your sentiment and you are right in what you say about us needing our own. But you can't ignore the reasoning behind not having it up til now either.

Chansiri will be ploughing money into the youth and training facilities. Although this will come at the expense of first team signings. The expansion of middle wood road is already in place. The some has been up a couple of decades now and isn't fit for purpose. In order to move through to the next category status requires years as well as improvements. Just because you have the facilities doesn't mean you get the next category.

Having sat in the canteen there it's just like a small schools. Its shares between each team too I.e first team down to youth set up. It's embarrassing but at least there's plans afoot to do it up.

Chansiri will be ploughing money into the youth and training facilities. Although this will come at the expense of first team signings. The expansion of middle wood road is already in place. The some has been up a couple of decades now and isn't fit for purpose. In order to move through to the next category status requires years as well as improvements. Just because you have the facilities doesn't mean you get the next category.

Having sat in the canteen there it's just like a small schools. Its shares between each team too I.e first team down to youth set up. It's embarrassing but at least there's plans afoot to do it up.

I doubt that.

The whole academy set up at Wednesday needs a complete overhaul which I am sure will be carried out over time. Too many people have stolen a wage down there over the years and I am sure DC will want to know what he is getting for his £1M plus overhead down there each year.

The whole academy set up at Wednesday needs a complete overhaul which I am sure will be carried out over time. Too many people have stolen a wage down there over the years and I am sure DC will want to know what he is getting for his £1M plus overhead down there each year.

That's a bit harsh and sounds a bit personal? Have you got a issue with people down their?

The academy has lacked investment for years prior to the Milan era. Any coaches would have struggled to produce players to the standard of say Derby and Utd when they've had so much investment due to parachute payments etc.

Milan did show interest and the standard of the younger teams has been improving but he was never in it for the long term and wasn't going to chuck the millions at it that it needed.

Looks like CC is and already has started to do so and things can now continue to progress in the way Milan always envisaged.

I've been down there regular and most of the other academy's over the last couple of years and we certainly have competed with them on the pitch if not with the quality of the facilities. This is now changing, for the first time in a decade we are now a more attractive option for young local talent than our neighbours down the road.

I doubt the budget as ever been anywhere near 1m for the academy before this coming season

After years of neglect the academy as improved immeasurably in the last 3 years

I'm afraid it's 3 or 4 years time that we will have toe time judge not now

Guest ben29

I doubt the budget as ever been anywhere near 1m for the academy before this coming season

After years of neglect the academy as improved immeasurably in the last 3 years

I'm afraid it's 3 or 4 years time that we will have toe time judge not now

Good point.

DC has spent more on the stadium facilities this season than probably the last 10 years combined.

I've also seem to notice people moaning more about various things eg. West stand is dirty, don't like carling or fosters on tap etc than ever before. Give the guy a break. I'm sure next summer there will be more improvements to follow.

That's a bit harsh and sounds a bit personal? Have you got a issue with people down their?

The academy has lacked investment for years prior to the Milan era. Any coaches would have struggled to produce players to the standard of say Derby and Utd when they've had so much investment due to parachute payments etc.

Milan did show interest and the standard of the younger teams has been improving but he was never in it for the long term and wasn't going to chuck the millions at it that it needed.

Looks like CC is and already has started to do so and things can now continue to progress in the way Milan always envisaged.

I've been down there regular and most of the other academy's over the last couple of years and we certainly have competed with them on the pitch if not with the quality of the facilities. This is now changing, for the first time in a decade we are now a more attractive option for young local talent than our neighbours down the road.

With the greatest respect there isnt one other academy that has worse facilities than ours. Its also poor that we are constantly changing coaches and have no continuity. As for the standard of coaching considering the size of the club its disappointing and could be a lot better. Ive seen some of the sessions and they weren't exactly inspiring. As Dinno says the proof will be in 3 or 4 years time. Last years youth cup team looked poor and their coaches seemed clueless.

Can someone close to the training ground go and take some pictures so we can have a look what is going on.

when i drove past today i pulled up across the road to see if i could get close enough to the hole in the fence to get some pics ,but they have put a temporary fence up around there ,so i couldnt get close enough to see owt. Id just done a delivery at the top of Harris rd across from the training ground and from the top of the hill you can see what looks like black tarmac being laid and there were a couple of wagons which looked like Tarmac vehicles in there and a road roller. weather they are laying a base for something else to be put on top ive no idea. 

I will try again to get some pics when im passing tomorrow morning. 

Guest mkowl

It isn't better than Middlewood Rd - their training ground is shocking with zero facilities - its in a public park

I'll post an update in a few weeks my lad is doing a school holiday thing there soon.