Getting players out?

Guest mrbluesky

I wouldn't be moving anyone out yet. We've lost 12 (I think) from last season) and we've signed a few overseas players who may need time to adapt.

The only way that would change is if the overseas lads hit the ground running in August, then possibly look to let a couple leave before the window closes (or on loan afterwards), or if we receive a good offer for any players in the final year of their contract.

This, with the pile of crap (sorry) unknowns we've signed we might need them!

There's plenty of threads with who we need to bring in but our squad is getting rather large and we will need to ship a few out. So basic question, if we're going to sign 3 more players (rough guess no idea how many more we will) and we need to get 3 players out to do so who should be get rid of ??

My 3 would be

May

Palmer

Dielna

Palmer?? :WTF:

He supports Wednesday y'know!

Dielna and Vermijil are surplus to requirements as far as I see it.

The rest are either in our around the current squad or need loaning out for experience.

How good are we at writing off players who have barely played.

Must be the best fans in the world at it. Long season, big squad needed, everyone deserves a clean slate and fresh start.

Palmer is a league one defensive midfielder. He is constantly out of position at the back and is played on in the air.

Vermijl is from what I've seen a far superior rb and has been in the full Belgium squad even tho he has not gained a cap. Much better choice with Hunt IMO.

Stevie May just isn't good enough - simples.

Dielna is a bit inconsistent and long ball. Was close between him and Helan who is a terrible footballer but recoveres with his electric pace.

I was going on the assumption that Wiggins is our player it's just a case of making it official.

I think we need a winger or 2 and a forward.

If fullbacks being caught out of position bothers you, this season is gonna be particularly annoying for you.

fullbacks can only always remain in their correct defensive position if they never get forward.

Helan

Hutchinson

Palmer

Make or break this season for May aswell,  I think there's a lot more to come from him but we need to see it soon,  couple of times last season he had a really good game and you thought "right, now he's going to kick on" but it never happened

Hope he does well this time

Guest UpTheOwlsss

Vermijl is average

Ship him out

Dielna

Awful bye bye

Not sure about strikers think they all have something to offer

If I had to say I would go for May

I really don't get all this stick May gets,he is the player we have who has scored 20+ goals at any level, he is young and I believe there is a player in there we haven't seen yet.

It's hard to understand why someone would go out of their way to repeatedly criticise a hard-working professional doing a decent, honest job for our club, isn't it!?

Ohhh put your claws away.

:manager:

Sorry, couldn't resist!

As for May, it was clear that we didn't play to his strengths last season. With a year to acclimatise to Championship football and a full pre-season under his belt, I expect he'd fare better this year in a more attacking setup. Hopefully he'll get the chance to prove himself, even if it's only from the bench should we need to change our shape to a 4-4-2 at any point. I just can't see him figuring in a 4-3-3 unless he can somehow adapt to the wide role - he certainly has the work ethic, anyway.