Lucas Joao

These are the sort of rumours I like, will probably come to nothing, but at least he seems a bit exciting. My current Top 3 that haven't yet happened, this one, Ricardo and Kramer

These are the sort of rumours I like, will probably come to nothing, but at least he seems a bit exciting. My current Top 3 that haven't yet happened, this one, Ricardo and Kramer

Everyone else, meh

I'm not sure if a 21 year old lad is what I expected to be spearheading our championship assault this season.

That said it can't take much to be an upgrade on the current bunch.

I know what you're saying, but in the end I'd rather have some 21 year old with pace and verve spearheading our attack, than 21 year olds who run like forty year olds

The problem with Alf and Hooper is that they are potential goalscorers in a 442 system. A system we will not be playing. This is why they have struggled to start at current clubs

At least this bloke appears to have some strength and mobility and plays the lone striker role.

Guest wilyfox

The problem with Alf and Hooper is that they are potential goalscorers in a 442 system. A system we will not be playing. This is why they have struggled to start at current clubs

At least this bloke appears to have some strength and mobility and plays the lone striker role.

Bingo!

I think it's what a few of us have been saying Certainly my reservations about the likes of Hooper and ALF, have been mainly, they're not what we need. Well actually that's not true, they might be very effective players to have on the bench.

Probably something to do with knowing that we don't have an infinite pot of money, and that if we spend extortionately on an area then compensations will need to be made elsewhere... like less spent on other areas. Or higher ticket prices. You know, that issue that saw about 50 threads made about it in 3 days with several of them going over 40 pages. That really tiny issue.

Just because we've got an owner who's going to spend a bit of money doesn't mean that we can afford to spunk money left right and centre. I suppose you wouldn't care if Tom Lees was sold for a fiver and a quick blowie in the car park would you providing we got someone better in for £5 million? No?  

Well i would care about losing Lees not because of the money but because he is one of our better player sand there would be no guarantee the new player would be an improvement . 

If we paid 12m for Jordan Rhodes would that be money well spent ? and would it skint us and push ticket prices up ? 

Take your time .

Edited by hugeowl

Sorry - I don't understand. 

If we are playing a lone striker then we must be playing a sort of 3-3-2-1 or 3-5-1-1. Surely Matias we be starting so what position will he play - no 10?

If we are playing 4-3-3 with Matias and another either side then we won't have a lone striker.

This is also why we need to keep looking abroad.

There are not many of these type of players in england because we are only just moving away from 442 whereas foreign teams have been playing with a lone striker for yonks.

Don't know how injury prone he is but if i was going to pay a big fee for anybody in england i would try and get Grabban. He is one of the few with the right abilities and might be achievable but expensive if norwich don't think he is good enough for prem

Remember him running in behind Reda at our place and scoring two goals for somebody.

Strong quick and just enough ability

Sorry - I don't understand. 

If we are playing a lone striker then we must be playing a sort of 3-3-2-1 or 3-5-1-1. Surely Matias we be starting so what position will he play - no 10?

If we are playing 4-3-3 with Matias and another either side then we won't have a lone striker.

The two outside forwards in a 4-3-3 play a very different role to that played by a traditional striker in a 4-4-2 setup, functioning more like wingers who cut in and look to create or get on the end of chances created by the centre forward. When the opposition have the ball, the 4-3-3 will often resemble 4-5-1, with the two outside forwards tracking back down the flanks.

This then leaves the central striker alone up the pitch, so it's vital that they're physically and tactically adept at playing this role, otherwise any clearances that are hit up field will tend to come straight back before the two outside forwards have a chance to join the attack. 

Not a lot to go on really. I would imagine we've got a few knockbacks at this stage. Kramer would definitely be someone to go back in for. I just don't to want to see us wasting money and buying a striker for the sake of it.

Kramer is clearly in it for the money, hence his willingness to play in the Far East.