Billy Sharp

Guest PleasePlayClinton

Why? surely we want the Pigs to have a striker who cant score in League on dont we?

I thought that!

Also, what's the deal with United? Is he actually going there or not? Weeks ago they "had a big accepted" but it's all quiet now.

He nearly signed for us a couple of years ago. And I know for a fact if we'd offered what he wanted, he would have been a Wednesday player.

He was on a stupid wage at Southampton, not quite as stupid wage at Leeds, but still way more than a championship club should be paying for a league 1 striker.

Either way my best mate who works in professional sport and also the same one who told me about Maguire’s contract situation before it went public told me years ago Sharp told him he would never play for us.

Either way my best mate who works in professional sport and also the same one who told me about Maguire’s contract situation before it went public told me years ago Sharp told him he would never play for us.

He might have said he wouldn't play for us at various times in his career, but he 100% nearly signed for us mate. He wanted away from Southampton and was willing to sign on loan for us but we didn't offer enough of a contribution to his wages. I think it was Dave Jones at the time.

He might have said he wouldn't play for us at various times in his career, but he 100% nearly signed for us mate. He wanted away from Southampton and was willing to sign on loan for us but we didn't offer enough of a contribution to his wages. I think it was Dave Jones at the time.

Yeah I don't dis-believe mate. I know my source is 100% reliable but he (Sharp) could always change his mind at certain times if you've heard/were told that too.